Snowmobile World banner

Recharging Shocks

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Johnny Canuck 
#1 ·
My shocks will need to be recharged again this year. Along with my shocks I will be bringing in shocks from 3 Arctic cats and 1 Polaris and 1 other Ski-doo. This is 6 sets of shocks which will be somewhere over $600.00. Just wondering what is needed to do this your self. These are all HPG and Fox shocks.

#2 ·
Well your going to want to do a service as well. Shock oil is good for about 1 season of riding. It breaks down and that's why shocks fade. Your going to need to invest in about $400 worth of tools to get started. I can hook you up w/ a good deal if you have couple sets of shocks you need serviced.

#5 ·
mudwieser,

Well, looking at the lighter side, at least he shared what he thought it was going to cost.

I'm with you though. Basic shock service doesn't seem terribly complicated and that's all I need most of the time. Just guessing it would be a matter of finding a source for decent oil, a good pressure guage/fittings, and a source for 200-300lbs air pressure.

Have a look at deycore.com Never done business with them, but after checking out their site, I might be soon.

#6 ·
i bought some of the stuff and made the rest to do fox.and i think hpg

you need a nitrogen tank, pressure regulator to good 300 psi.[expensive part]
a shock clamp to hold the shock body,had a guy make mine.
i made my shock filler with weatherhead brass fittings,and syringe needles[10-15 bucks]
as far as tools i improvised with what i had already,if you understand the basics of how they work its not a hard job,
as far as trial and error i ve just left the valve stacks alone and just serviced them.
but its not to say i couldn,t try different combos.

#9 ·
Hi Muskoka 800

Tryed to send you a quick email but don't know if you received it.

Looking at NY/Petes E & J trailer this weekend. How do you like the E & J trailer?

Any problems bring yours back across the border to Ontario?

Any info would be great.

send it as an email if you could.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.