Snowmobile World banner

2002 zr 600 efi

27K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Dust Off 68 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying a 2002 Artic cat ZR 600 EFI. Does anyone have any input to share with me that has ridden one already? I have a 2000 MXZ 600 with DPM right now. I like the front suspension better on the cat and I like the EFI better even though I have DPM for the ease of maintenance. Please let me know.

#2 ·
I finally got a chance to ride mine this weekend. The sled is awsome. The throttle response is right there when you want it. I love the sled. the new coupled rear suspension works great. It keeps the skis down and helps alot for acceleration. I swear this sled is quicker than my 700 was on it's best day. I can't find anything to complain about yet. It is the most comfortable sled I have ridden in a long time. you will no be sorry if you go for this sled. In my opinion it was worth every penny.

#4 ·
I think 02's EFI is supposed to be rite on the money perfect. Not sure so maybee someone can step in and say ya or niegh.

#6 ·
I just picked up my 2002 ZR 600 EFI CCE, and there wasn't enough snow to do much, but I really like the acceleration and it looks great.  I am not a big neon green fan, so the CCE was the only way to go.  We are getting snow now, so hopefully I can go for a blast this weekend.  Good luck this season-have fun!  Alhthough I don't race much, from what I read, the Polaris 600 XC is fast, and will probably beat the Cat by a little.  I think handling and trail condititions will give the Cat an edge, though, not to mention the rider!

#8 ·
I have an 01 600 le, been a good machine, the only real change on the 01-02 is the coupling blocks and the wide runningboard tunnel, and of course graphics.
Horsepower/ motor are the same.

I would buy another.

Not as fast as my buddies 01 edge x 600 though.

#9 ·
I have a 01 ZR600 LE, has been a great sled.  No major problems.  I had to get the front arm shock replaced under warrenty last year.

I also added a D 'n' D clutch kit (a must for this sled)

Keeps neck and neck with a 2001 ZR800 and a 2002 MXZ600 ProX

newf

#11 ·
JLS keep the Doo or if you want an older cat get the 500 it will clean clock against the underpowered 600,Why do you think Cat dropped it from the ZR line up,Because it cannot compete in it's own class muchless the 500 class.

#14 ·
I'm picking up a new ZR600 carb tomorrow, sounds like everyone is pretty happy with the EFI's performance, will there be much difference in performance between the carb and EFI?  I realize the carb will reguire sound tinkering, but hopefully it shouldn't be to bad, it was a great deal I felt i couldn't pass up.

Thanks in advance

#17 ·
I bought a 600 efi LE mountain cat this year and I love it!!  I had a 98 600 efi powder special.  The 2002 has immediate power at all speeds.  Although it is only listed at 5 more horsepower than the 98 it seems like 15-20 more HP.  Love those power valves!!  It also jumps up on top of the snow better and will outclimb and race the 98.  The 2002 also gets a little better fuel mileage.  It seems like you don't have to change the plugs with efi and just like they say, it starts on the first or second pull everytime.  I also like the stock 144 track.

You can't go wrong unless you opt for a 2003.  the 2003 is 30 pounds lighter and has a rolled chaincase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.