Snowmobile World banner

Old Ski-doo Fuel Mixture Ratio.

22K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  DOO THE DOO 
#1 ·
My son is working on an old Ski-Doo that has been setting in a horse barn for at least 20 years. He got it running yesterday,and it sounds good. The machine looks like it is from the mid 70's,and is not oil injected like his newer one. It is air cooled. What would be a good fuel mixture ratio? It will be used in Wyoming at an altitude of 5,000 feet. Thank's for any help...Dan.

#4 ·
I have been using Amsoil 100:1 premix. This is not just Amsoil injector oil mixed at 100:1 it's a specific oil that can be mixed at 100:1 ratio. I cant say it will work for everything but i use it @ 100:1 in my lawnboy, Mercury 35hp weed trimmer, leaf Blower..Everything i own thats pre-mix. A friend used it in his Mercury XR6 150 HP v-6 that spins at 9,200 RPM's. It does not load up, we have trolled with this motor! To be on the safe side, if you go this route pre-mix @ 60:1 to start with then go from there. Like i said no guarantees but, a lot of people i sell to have had excellent results with this oil.

#5 ·
I had a 1977 Elan with the 250 twin. I ran it with a ratio of 40:1. I believe there was sticker or plate on the engine with some basic engine info on it. Spark Plug type, gap, oil ratio etc. Take a look around, your sled may have this info also. That sled was a fun machine to have, and my brother-in-law still uses it. :inlove:

#7 ·
im not sure wat i mix it to but it must be 20-30ish:1 i put that in everything if thats too much i mix it to a cretian point where it stil runs good but smokes a bit because of the oil, but hey its cheap insurance! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.