Snowmobile World banner

1993 Exciter

28K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Chanceboyle 
#1 ·
Ok just wondering if anyone has specs on a 1993 exciter SX like top speed/horsepower or a like to an old page for yamaha specs.I have one with a 1 inch track K&N filter bored out 50 thousand and a bender racing pipe.Comet clutch also

#2 ·
90+hp and 95mph stock

by far the best Pogo sled out there

#3 ·
90+hp and 95mph stock

by far the best Pogo sled out there[/b]
I disagree The Vmax was the last great Pogo. It had case reed induction. More cc's and wider stance. You could put twin pipes and it helped on the exciter it was a waste. I beat many hoped up Exciters on my 600 Twin piped Vmax pogo back in the day. :sly:

#4 ·
Im sorry to the V MAX 4 owners your sled was the king sh#$ back then. Sucked on the trails but on the straight line that thing rocked. I remember My buddy had one on the straights that thing would fly past me in a long run but I could always catch him in the twisties.

#5 ·
Bought one new in '92. Trail rode it for two seasons then made a (then) D-stock grass and ice racer. That sled in the right hands can do over 95 mph. Put an air box back onit. K&N suck on that motor.

#7 ·
I disagree The Vmax was the last great Pogo. It had case reed induction. More cc's and wider stance. You could put twin pipes and it helped on the exciter it was a waste. I beat many hoped up Exciters on my 600 Twin piped Vmax pogo back in the day. :sly:[/b]
I respectfully disagree

Friends had the 93 Exciter SX and 94/95 Vmax 600s and a psi twin piped 500

trail riding and pure fun the SX was 10 ten times the sled

The 94-96 Vmax were a disgrace to Yamaha IMO

Sure they look great but handled like shiat compared to the 93 SX 570

The 93 SX 570 is a classic it was lighter then the Vmaxs and had 93hp vs the 94-95hp the 600s had

Do not compare a 93 SX vs the 87-92 Exciters

#9 ·
We bought last year a 93 SX in great shape . The sx is no speed demon nor does it handle well . The SX 570 and VMAX shared alot of the same stuff . The design and the motor were about the only diff. Both had bad manuel brakes, gas tank , T.S.S . I never lost against a exciter on my vmax and I raced them plenty in thoses days.

Now as for being TEN TIMES BETER :lmao:

#12 ·
It may also had a different pistons . I think yamaha back then had designed a piston for there racing team the sx piston . It had new skirt design for the port induction.

Dont quote me that was a long long time ago.

#14 ·
SX has adjustable struts,wider ski stance,38mm flatslide carbs, more agressive porting and SX pistons and 93hp vs 75-80hp of the reg Exciter

yes pink is purrrty :lol:

But the sled rocked and besides the pink accents(all had them then btw) the grahics where nice

#15 ·
all i can say is i want one
got a phazer last year
now i want the liquid cooled 570..plus the phazer needs alot of work id rather find a decent exciter with less work to do to it
dont know if im foolish but i love the old out dated suspension and the pogos
felt so perfect dont know how i will ever change

#16 ·
all i can say is i want one
got a phazer last year
now i want the liquid cooled 570..plus the phazer needs alot of work id rather find a decent exciter with less work to do to it
dont know if im foolish but i love the old out dated suspension and the pogos
felt so perfect dont know how i will ever change[/b]
I agree the older sleds look better than any of the new ones.The new ones don't even look like snowmobiles!!!!!

#17 ·
Ok dreamers I'm a sx expert lol..it is a very rare sled that was only produced (1) year very hard to find a super clean one I have one 800 miles I paid 2000.00$ the bad ass bender racing developed this sled ( see bender racing).had Japan (Yamaha) produce a limited number of these @(rare) sleds to there race proven specs. All the True .sx parts begin with the prefix 8y.....then the associated part number . after the 8 y ... The real exhaust pipe from the cylinders (the y pipe) is 180.00$ for that alone .if you can find one .(8y...) And gives a better boost than the other exciters ( yes you can buy this and add too your other exciters) very important all true sx parts have the 8y ...start prefix any and all parts that apply too the motor...got it.....So now you know the rest of the story ..almost the decals on the sled are one of a kind also rare .and sled specific .like somebody took a paint brush and did a swipe down the hood (cool) if you get one don't change that..now you do have a very rare an collectable sled....ps.don'tl anybody what I told you.lol.lol.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.