Snowmobile World banner

1998 Mach 1 no spark

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mrgrinch 
#1 ·
I have 1998 mach 1 and was running perfect all of a sudden dies and there is no spark ??? I heard about short harness and stator issues .. any way to tell before motor has to be pulled to replace wiring harness
????

#3 ·
no spark

sometimes when the spark just goes, that is it is not intermitint,
it means CDI box, if your stator checks out that is where I would look next.....happy trails

#4 ·
I agree with J-Bone. If the stator is the issue usually it will start out as an iterimmtant problem. I owned the exact same sled and had the same thing happen. To replace your CDI box the motor will have to come out, as it's directly under the motor. While the motor is out it's worth checking the wire harness on the MAG side for wear. It should be rerouted so it's not rubbing on the frame and flywheel housing.Get some plastic wire wrap and re-wrap the wires. Aside from a couple electrical problems thats a great sled, fast and good for alot of miles. Hope this helped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.