Snowmobile World banner

Formula S 380

23K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  nicholasostmoe 
#1 ·
Do you guys know what the top speed for a formula s 380 is i wanna know if i will be able to beet me friends Jag 440?

#2 ·
Top speed prolly about 50-65mph if u get him to take one spark plug cap off you should be able to beat him.

#5 ·
I have a 95 380 runs up to 60 65 prety fast if you hold it to the bar for 1/2 mile 70 to 75 :hallo1:

#9 ·
Your friend will be real embarassed when he gets passed by your weed whacker engine :p , Just foolin, its a good sled and will scoot along pretty fast, while taking the corners awsome. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
The most I've ever seen out of a Formula S is 110km/h. But what fun!! Gotta love ride with the machine literally pinned for hours on end!

And if you stand on the rear of the running board (where the reflectors are), and pin the throttle, you can do AWESOME wheelies! :D

#14 ·
Originally posted by mxz7@Dec 5 2003, 12:15 AM
I bought Laurie a new '99 S 380. I swear this thing got like 22 MPG.

The darn speedo only read in kms,so I figured out top speed was about 67,and that was with a 250 lber on it,well,maybe I was 235 back then. :lookaround:
At first read I thought Laurie was 250lbs. :eek:hmy: :D

#15 ·
I have a 2001 Touring Fan 380 as an extras sled for when I take one of the kids out and it will hit 60 on the lakes with no problem. 65 is tough but it can be done. I weigh in at about 185 and my daugher can not be much over 40. Great sled on the trail, the engine has more mid range than you would think. The wife can get me on the lakes with her 1999 Phazer 500 but I can still lose her on the trails.

#16 ·
it's funny how these 380's seem to be all over. i'll always remember 125 km on my sons 380 and when he got the mxz 440f it seemed like so much more but i could never get it to 135 km. it would sit like 133-134 km but never 135 even on a lake with me on it.

#17 ·
lol. best sled ive ever owned. 14,000 km's before i touched anything, and then it was only re-ring. ive never seen a sled so good on gas before in my whole life. i honestly think it's better than these new 4-strokes. i had a 95' touring LE 380. didnt like the two up seat, but LOVED the long track on it. very light and easy to throw around. this was the sled i learned to ride on. best i ever hit was 130 on the speedo. no lie. that was down the middle of a backroad. just sold the old girl last year for $1400 can. someone got an awesome deal on it. i had mine all pimped out with a yellow mxz hood and a yellow cobra windshield. and yes, it did the best wheelies ever. on the grass the back bumper would touch the ground. fun sled!!

#18 ·
Originally posted by RacerX408@Dec 5 2003, 09:35 PM
and yes, it did the best wheelies ever. on the grass the back bumper would touch the ground. fun sled!!
Glad to know I'm not the only idiot out there doing wheelies on a 380!!! :D

Seriously (I know you big cc guys are laughing right now) the most fun you can have on snow! Tape the throttle to the bar and hold on!

#19 ·
What more can be said about the s-380, probably the best bang for the buck out there. The engines are bulletproof, I've got 8,000 miles on 98' and compression is
still about 120psi in each! My 2003 mxz 600 h.o. had less than that after 1,800miles
needless to say the rings were shot in that. I used to suprise alot of people with that sled, I could lift the ski's up for about 30to 40 ft under hard acceleration. That
little thing could climb too! Even in the deep snow. For top speed I could get 127km's on it. Not bad especially since everyone else was always looking for a gas station before I was. My 2003 is still at the dealer, so it looks like I might have to fire up the old 380 for a while :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.