Snowmobile World banner

02 yamaha sx viper sxviper what do i need to know

26K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Yamidude59 
#1 ·
getting this sled on sunday with about 3300 miles for around $2300. is this as good of a deal as i think ? what do i need to know about this bike it is my first snowmobile. also im 6'2 about 190 will it be a comfortable ride ? i ride moto/atv and jet skis so will have enough power for me ? thanx

#2 ·
The sled is awesome, it has alot of power,they are very reliable. it will be plenty! its a streetbike on the snow, the only thing better then it is the model above it, the srx700 which has triple pipes. you can get triple pipes for your viper and make more hp then the srx, but its pricey. Make sure the powervalves are clean and adjusted properly 2300 is a pretty good price for the mileage, have fun!

Heres a link on how to adjust the powervalves.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showpost.php?p=274355&postcount=4

Joe

#3 ·
The Viper is probably the best looking sled made by Yamaha and the engine is very relaible. That seems like a good deal, with lots of life left in that machine.
The Viper has a bit more travel in the suspension over the SRX, but the SRX has the triple pipes.
I went the the Viper as I love the looks of it.

#5 ·
you wont be disappointed with the srx, relativly easy to work on considering you have basic tools and knowledge.

I don't care if its a Long travelled or short travelled sled, your still gonna feel the bumps if the trails are Crap, and i like the srx looks better then viper, and THe power is there. The vipers can really be woken up though with a few mods. My srx is all stock, and thats how i plan to keep it, i just to the maintence and shes a rocket outta the crate... Only aftermarket thing i have done to it is ceramic coated pipes. i love it, i don't care if its short travel, long travel would be nice, but i'm still young, i ain't feelin the pain yet, and when i do then its time to long travel.

Next sled i will get will be long travelled, mainly because all the newer sleds are long travelled... the pro action (no action) was the last of its kind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.