Snowmobile World banner

How To Remove Jack Shaft Bearing

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  me&mymxz 
#1 ·
What is the best way to remove a jackshaft bearing?

#2 ·
iv heard it called many things, but i assume that you are talking about the shaft with the cogs on it that turn the track. i hear its best to use an arbor press both to remove it & install the new one. i just replaced this bearing as well. I didn't have access to a press, so i used a pulley puller. just be sure not to damage the bearing protector, or you'll have to buy another one. to put the new one on I got it started by hand then used a block of wood and a hammer to get it seated. the block of wood keeps the hammer from damaging the bearing. hope this helps

#3 ·
A bearing puller, if you need to borrow one, I have one and I'm in Newmarket too. PM me. :christmas:

#4 ·
Isn't the jackshaft the one with the secondary clutch on it, and the brake on the other end? (that's how it is on my yammie)

#10 ·
I had Bondi take the bearing off the drive shaft and set a new one on.
Have but the drive shaft back in but it looks like I have an extra spacer to slip in. Thanks to Extreme power sports for their exploded veiw, better than the manual in my opinion. Guess I could have looked in my cd manual as well.
http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Sk...doo.asp?Type=11
Will be taking Catdoo up on his offer and meet a local SW rider this weekend. ThumbDr is giving me some pointers on getting everything lined back up
Thanks for all the suggestions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.