Snowmobile World banner

2007 600 Iq Ho

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lud 
#1 ·
I have a brand new 07 600 IQ HO and was riding on a very bumpy lake. I noticed the sled start to seem like it was not getting fuel... and then backfired real loud when I stopped.

It would run for about 1/4 mile and then do it again. It seemed like it was not getting fuel and then would keep on backfiring real loud. I would then have to blow on the gas tank to get it started and get it fuel.

I am not a very good mechanic and any help would be appreciated... this is the first machine I have ever owned and it has great up until this. I put about 900 miles on it so far.

#2 ·
Sorry, don't know what's causing your problem. But I can say: are you sure it's lack of fuel? I toyed with a carburator for an old trail bike, and when I experienced the problem you said it was because it was getting too much fuel. Too much fuel will result in less power than too little fuel, and cause it to load up and backfire when warm. I just toyed with it some more until it was getting the right fuel/air mixture.

That said, you're not carbed, are ya? lol. Perhaps your injectors aren't working right... there's a connector somewhere you're supposed to check... I don't know though. Try injector cleaner in the tank and raz 'er good, see if it improves. It shouldn't hurt if it doesn't, but if it doesn't improve then I've done nothing to help you, sorry.

I needs me a mechanics course :huh:

#3 ·
I have a brand new 07 600 IQ HO and was riding on a very bumpy lake. I noticed the sled start to seem like it was not getting fuel... and then backfired real loud when I stopped.

It would run for about 1/4 mile and then do it again. It seemed like it was not getting fuel and then would keep on backfiring real loud. I would then have to blow on the gas tank to get it started and get it fuel.

I am not a very good mechanic and any help would be appreciated... this is the first machine I have ever owned and it has great up until this. I put about 900 miles on it so far.[/b]
Being a new sled,dealer comes to mind.should be warranty.

#5 ·
Being a new sled,dealer comes to mind.should be warranty.[/b]

The only problem is I don't have any warranty. I bought the sled from a guy who had picked it up in Wisconsin... and I live in Winnipeg. There was no warranty with the sled.

Thanks for the any help you can give.... the snow is going here so I want to get it fixed and put away for the summer. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.