Snowmobile World banner

86' Phazer Track And Studs....

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  piped 700xc 
#1 ·
I have a 1986 phazer as most of you know..... it has about 6200 miles on it, not bad. The track is pretty much seen better days, and i was wondering if i can get a track for it anymore brand new or if i'm stuck with getting used, or after market track..... at best i would just like to stud the old track and i'd be happy with the tracton that offers, but i want some paddles which this old one hasn't seen in years.... how much and where can i get a track for the phazer.... also studding costs.

thanks.

#2 ·
I have a 1986 phazer as most of you know..... it has about 6200 miles on it, not bad. The track is pretty much seen better days, and i was wondering if i can get a track for it anymore brand new or if i'm stuck with getting used, or after market track..... at best i would just like to stud the old track and i'd be happy with the tracton that offers, but i want some paddles which this old one hasn't seen in years.... how much and where can i get a track for the phazer.... also studding costs.
thanks.[/b]
try this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-YAMAHA...sspagenameZWDVW

hope it helps

#5 ·
no problem..let me know how it works out for ya!! ;)[/b]

its a ##### to get goin in this snow with a bare track! i'm only doin 60 in the powder.... i wanna see what it'lll do on the groomed trails..... How long you think a belt will last on a phazer? i got a brand new one, and idk how fast they burn up, considering i have no belt guard so if it breaks its gonna do some hood damage...... its about 43 bucks for a new belt i dont' have a spare but should def. get one skoka....

#7 ·
Nobody makes a better track for the 116". A lot of people upgrade to the 121" track and suspension from the pzII ('90-'96) which you can get a bunch of different tracks for.
I bought a MaxII last year and blew it within 100 miles. Carlisle replaced it for a $6 shipping fee. I keep it as a spare only. I was told to run a Yamaha belt.
I prefer the short track. I like my sled to be "loose".
60 is about normal for top speed in the powder for this sled, Even for the pzII.

#8 ·
I also own a 1986 Phazer {Mine's got 22,000k on it} A couple of years ago I replaced my track with a new Kimpex Vantage track. It's a 116" and came with 92 pre drilled holes for studs ,it also has a .75" paddle, the stock one was .625. Ithink Royal Distributing List it on their site.

Cheers,Buzzyboy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.