Can an electromagnetic wave travel through space? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > RECALLS/SERVICE BULLETINS > OTHER

Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Adamsom

Default Can an electromagnetic wave travel through space?

Hi ,

I understand that there is no sound in space, obviously because a longitudinal wave has no medium through which it will expand. Is the same story with transversal waves? And what is with electromagnetic?
Adamsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
mmgg

Mileage: 850miles in 10/11
Primary Sled: 600 polaris
Where I sled: 300 miles around thunder bay

What ? Longdituinal And Transversal Waves Sound The Same.
As for Electromagnetic Sure,, Thats How The Big Electromagnetic Telescopes Work.(I think)
The Moon Lander Used Electric Drives,,,,so Yes You Could Power A Electromagnetic Snowmobile On The Moon.

Getting Skidoo To Sponser You May Be A Challenge. I'd Go With Something Like I Need Someone To Sponsor A 1000 Rotation Back Flip Jump.

Last edited by mmgg; 02-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
mmgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
mikelangelo11

Electromagnetic waves travel in space because their nature is to "leave" their point of creation.If we toss a rock into a smooth pond, ripples move out from where the rock come down.The rock gave kinetic energy to the water, and the water can't "hold" the energy stationary in one place.The energy moves away from where it was initiated.Light is a different critter in that it is electromagnetic energy, and, as such,it does not need a medium to travel through.It moves very well through the vacuum of space. But the idea that it won't stay where it was created makes it similar to the water wave.Wherever this little electromagnetic ray began,it didn't stay there.Light is electromagnetic energy, and it has an innate desire to move. Movement is actually part of what light is. Light is a moving electric and magnetic field. Both.At the same time, and at right angles to each other.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
BCDan

Mileage: 0 miles
Primary Sled: 07 Dragon RMK 700 EFI
Where I sled: Oregon

When you see off the wall posts from someone's first post to the forum and the original poster has some stuff to sell in their signature, you can almost be assured that this is a spammer... and the likelihood that the OP will actually want to respond to your reply is very small. FWIW
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
MarkToday
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDan View Post
When you see off the wall posts from someone's first post to the forum and the original poster has some stuff to sell in their signature, you can almost be assured that this is a spammer... and the likelihood that the OP will actually want to respond to your reply is very small. FWIW
Awesome topics here at SW nowadays. Love the new 'spam' format.
MarkToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement