Snowmobile World banner

03 Rev 440 Problems

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mxzx989 
#1 ·
My good riding buddy has been having problems with his 03 REV 440. The sled will run great one minute, next minute it will bog at 5000 RPM, then 6000 RPM etc. The power is not there. We have changed plugs and used the NGK BR9ECS with the solid top, cleaned carbs (pilot and main jet clear) and tried different belt. He trail rides it and has an 11 gallon tank, oil injection and high comp domes with octane boost. Sled only has 400 miles on it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

#5 ·
Originally posted by Rad Chad@Jan 20 2004, 11:27 AM
Jets are too big, should be around 320-330. And tell him to put in the low comp domes. He should have done that before waisting his money on oil injection.
I was thinking the saem thing with the jetting and going to the low compression domes. Also, why would you want to add oil injection to a race sled?

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. What do you recommend for the pilot jet and needle?

The reason he installed oil injection is because it is strictly a trail sled. It is bad enough he has to add nos octane boost with every fill up, let alone trying to carry oil as well. He did not want to install low comp domes because he didn't want to lose any additional power.

#7 ·
I concur - Too rich. 86 the oil injectors man. In the end you'll burn more oil then you need to. I run 33:1 of premix oil on my 2004 REV 440. Runs great. Your also going to spend alot more $bones$ running with the high comp heads. You don't really notice the "power loss" with the low comp heads. Just a bit on throttle responce (marginal). If you go with the low comp heads you'll need to run the 6EHY2-53-3 jet needles in the third clip, then jet appropiately.

Man if your worried about power loss, you should PM Dynamo Joe. I'm pretty happy with his clutch kit on my 2003 440. Blow away my 2004 on top end (and that's with low comp heads!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.