Snowmobile World banner

Cleaning Oil Marks Off Yellow Plastic?

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  MXZ--700 
#1 ·
Hey gang,

Putting my sleds away for the summer. The last snow just melted in Lake Tahoe (yep, in June).

One of my sleds has oil/grease/dirt marks on some yellow plastic around the steering column. It's not the smooth type of plastic, but with some minor texture. I haven't been able to get these marks off the plastic using a rag and solvents.

Any cleaning ideas on this one?

Thanks,

Ken

#4 ·
Try finding some "Purple Power"
I get it from Advanced Auto. It's the best plastic cleaner I've ever used. Was trying everything in the book to get the exhaust residue off the belly pan of an 01 Formula, then sprayed on the PP and the stuff just starts running right off. No joke.

#7 ·
On a '95 MX (grey) bellypan & '98 MXZ (yellow) bellypan I used lacquer thinner & a rag to remove the exhaust crud.

#11 ·
Originally posted by snow4brains@Jun 5 2005, 12:13 PM
Try finding some "Purple Power"
I get it from Advanced Auto. It's the best plastic cleaner I've ever used. Was  trying everything in the book to get the exhaust residue off the belly pan of an 01 Formula, then sprayed on the PP and the stuff just starts running right off. No joke.
[snapback]422132[/snapback]​
I used Purple Power all the time on dirtbikes to get the oil off. The stuff is amazing and it works for me every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.