Snowmobile World banner

1993 Mach 1 670

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Black sunshine 
#1 ·
I just bought this sled. I had to put new track, cluth and repair broken motor mounts. I cleaned the carbs before re-assembly, and it started up right away. It ran good, and took off like a raped ape! Thinking all was good I hit the trails. About a mile down the trail I had good acceleration except at full throttle. If I let off a bit, it ran good. Then all of the sudden it just died. Almost seemed like it wasn't getting any fuel, or flooded. I got it home and held the throttle wide open, and it seemed like it wanted to fire but didn't. Does this just sound like something got caught up in the carbs like dirt or do I have a bigger problem? :confused:

#4 ·
sounds alot like what my sled did mine unfortunately I burned up a piston save yourself the money and tear the top of the jug off and check the piston or just check compression if those are good take your carbs back apart and clean them make sure your get the needle and the seat cleeaned good my guess would be bad piston but hopefully not

#5 ·
sounds familiar.......... after replacing all electrical components.....coil to magneto we noticed oil leaking from the crank seal. was told by 3 sled heds near my place that this was my problem......i listened to many others say magneto , needles, seats, jets,

look for oil seapage under your recoil, there is a hole there, if the seal is leaking, it should be dripping to the belly. unless its on your pto side, the i guess you would need to pull the clutch.

do like what the last guy said too, take a look at your pistons, do a compression test when its cold , then when its warm and running bad.

or save yourself the trouble and take it to a dealer and pay him the diagnose time and fix it yourself.

......expect the worst....then it dont hurt so bad! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.