Snowmobile World banner

What's The Fastest Production Sled Today?

16K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Formulaman 
#1 ·
Who's got the fastest production sled today?

Stock to stock?

RX-1?

#2 ·
Out of the box probably the zr-900. Do some clutching and my Money is on the RX-1 on the lake :D

No, wait, that can't be. The RX-1 is a big fat heavy 4-stroke. But it should be able to run with the 500 2-strokes just like in the dirk bike scene :devil:

#3 ·
This is a real hard question to answer. For starters, most people, myself included are only giving educated guess'. The thing is this, there are way too many factors that go into top speed. Things like snow conditions, air temp, density, rider weight, wind, on and on. So, what one guy claims may differ from the next guy simply by location etc. The next thing is, many guys talk a big game about how fast they go, truth though is most don't go WOT for very long. Don't know about you but, in the various parts of Ontario where I ride, there is only the lakes to ride fast on. Problem is, with uneven terrain, I start to lose my comfort feeling at around 90mi/hr. Now how fast that really is? don't know, didn't have a radar trap. Look at it this way, if you took the top muscle sleds from each company, made all things equal, amount gas, rider weight, studs, etc, etc, I think you would find it is pretty close between them. You may see a spread in who gets to max speed first, but at the end of the lake, a few feet here or there maybe. Going back to what I said before, it takes a big set of cahoonies to hold on WOT for an extended period time. Wish ya luck!

presently ride an FIII 600
new ride is a 2004 Renegade REV X 600HO SDI

#4 ·
IMO hands down the fastest top speed sled would be the RX-1. Give the RX-1 a mile or more and it would top out above any other sled. Note last year I was on the lake and noticed a guy coming my way by the time he got to me I was at top speed 90-95 and he passed me like I was sitting still. I later ran into him and he told me that when he passed me he was still accelerating and was doing well over 120. SWRules

#7 ·
Actually i think if you rode w/ an rx1 you would change your mind, they do go around 125 on their speedo, but from what i witnessed last year it would be f7 or rev 800, and w/ the new ho i would think the edge would be to rev, but time will tell and again who cares it's all good

#10 ·
Tiggy summed it up nicely.
the other thing I would add, is the difference in speedo's. GPS or radar are the only numbers that matter.

My vote would be for the RX-1 also. Last year I had one pinned at 174kph on a wide open lake, flat, good conditions. That was GPS, speedo said 185-195, jumping around in that 10kph range.

Without a GPS, I would tell everyone it did 195 as I'm human, and it felt damn fast. GPS don't lie. 174 was still pretty impressive.

FishHog

#12 ·
Originally posted by FishHog@Sep 24 2003, 03:41 PM
Tiggy summed it up nicely.
the other thing I would add, is the difference in speedo's.  GPS or radar are the only numbers that matter.

My vote would be for the RX-1 also. Last year I had one pinned at 174kph on a wide open lake, flat, good conditions.  That was GPS, speedo said 185-195, jumping around in that 10kph range.

Without a GPS, I would tell everyone it did 195 as I'm human, and it felt damn fast.  GPS don't lie.  174 was still pretty impressive.

FishHog
Thats realistic, thats about 108 mph, the rx1 in our group runs right at 108 to 110 on a real good day, thats gps speed hey mighty , i see you are going to mighty warrior, maybe you should consider ultimate warrior like that guy on wwf

#14 ·
And thats with my fat ### on board.
For reference my 700 triple did 164kph or 102mph, everything else being equal.

And for the record, about 4 hrs later, that RX-1 did about 4 barrel rolls, 3 endos and was a complete write off. The way that thing flew through the air, it didn't look heavy at all.

It was a sad, sad day. Even for a Yamaha ;)

#22 ·
My money's on the Elite, that's of course after Jesse James had it in his shop and retrofitted it with a Keith Blackwell Hemi (freebie)
VEHICLE MUST APPEAR STOCK! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.