Snowmobile World banner

2001 Mxz 700 Trail / Adrenaline Difference?

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rotax800 
#1 ·
I am looking into buying a 2001 mxz 700 trail. Should I be concerned with the suspension compared to the adrenaline or x package. I mostly just trail ride, but I don't want to suffer when it gets rough. If anyone has any feedback about this machine i would greatly appreciate it, suspension or anything else.

Thanks

#2 ·
The biggest difference with be the shock package. Trail models come with VR shocks, the Adrenalines came with the HPGs, one step up to the X would have gotten the resevoir HPGs. I had the VR shocks on my 02 Mxz trail and they work ok, the biggest thing is to not under estimate or over estimate you riding ability for that matter. If you plan on pound any moguls at all you will be happier with the HPGs, plus I believe that the 01s where rebuildable. Being that it is an 01 it may be getting a little soft so you could aways just upgrade later. Shocks are readily available here in the classifieds as well as Ebay.

Other than that there may have been differences in the skis. The trail got the single runner flex ski and the adrenaline got the dual runner precisions but this may have been in 02 that I'm thinking of. :whatever:

Good luck
I'm sure some others will chime in, there are some guys here who really know there Mxz sleds :thumbsup:

#3 ·
The biggest difference with be the shock package. Trail models come with VR shocks, the Adrenalines came with the HPGs, one step up to the X would have gotten the resevoir HPGs. I had the VR shocks on my 02 Mxz trail and they work ok, the biggest thing is to not under estimate or over estimate you riding ability for that matter. If you plan on pound any moguls at all you will be happier with the HPGs, plus I believe that the 01s where rebuildable. Being that it is an 01 it may be getting a little soft so you could aways just upgrade later. Shocks are readily available here in the classifieds as well as Ebay.

Other than that there may have been differences in the skis. The trail got the single runner flex ski and the adrenaline got the dual runner precisions but this may have been in 02 that I'm thinking of. :whatever:

Good luck
I'm sure some others will chime in, there are some guys here who really know there Mxz sleds :thumbsup:[/b]
Thanks for your reply. On this particular machine, he has already upgraded the skis and seat to the adrenaline. Like you said it comes down to the shocks.

#5 ·
Yup shocks

no biggy

Ebay has them cheap

One more Item.I am no 100% positive but I believe the Trail does not have DPM

I would not worry about it though

#6 ·
Yup shocks

no biggy

Ebay has them cheap

One more Item.I am no 100% positive but I believe the Trail does not have DPM

I would not worry about it though[/b]

Are you guys saying I probably won't be happy with the existing package? Are the shocks on the Trail noticably weak compared to the Adrenaline etc.. I haven't been sleding for several years. My last machine was a new ( at the time ) 2000 XCsp. I thought the suspension was great in that. Although my machine before was a 95 Formula Z. Handling wise would it be inferior to the 2000 XC. It was equipped with Fox shocks.

#7 ·
Are you guys saying I probably won't be happy with the existing package? Are the shocks on the Trail noticably weak compared to the Adrenaline etc.. I haven't been sleding for several years. My last machine was a new ( at the time ) 2000 XCsp. I thought the suspension was great in that. Although my machine before was a 95 Formula Z. Handling wise would it be inferior to the 2000 XC. It was equipped with Fox shocks.[/b]

if you dont do a lot off off trial stuff then what you have is great i had them in my 2003 grand touring and they wear great

#8 ·
if you dont do a lot off off trial stuff then what you have is great i had them in my 2003 grand touring and they wear great[/b]
the shocks will shine on a rough bumpy trail first. the hpg that is. I am also thinking fb is right no dpm. I would not worry about the shocks unless you intend on pushing it hard. the hpg's are rebuildable.

#9 ·
and like I said even not happy EBAY has the HPG cheap

It should ride much better then the 2000 XC 500 Xtra 10 rear

Shocks are my least worry when buying a sled as they are easily and cheaply upgradable

worry about track shape,compression,clutch condition way before shocks as those cost lots of $$$ to replace vs shocks

#10 ·
I am looking into buying a 2001 mxz 700 trail. Should I be concerned with the suspension compared to the adrenaline or x package. I mostly just trail ride, but I don't want to suffer when it gets rough. If anyone has any feedback about this machine i would greatly appreciate it, suspension or anything else.

Thanks[/b]
If you are not sure then maybe you should go with an Adrenaline. You can find them for around the same price or maybe cheaper. The 02's changed to the SC3 rear suspention which had more suspention travel. I had a 01 700 X , unless you are out to pound the trails you won't need a X. If you check out www.skidoo.com you can find the specs :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.