Belt Cross Reference - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > GENERAL SNOWMOBILING

Old 02-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
jktb

Where I sled: indiana

I need the dimentions for a Kimpex Super k 10-133 drive belt. It is just a bit to small. I have a Dayco 1117 that is to big. The dayco is suppose to be 1 1/4 X 44 5/32. I need an in between belt.
jktb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
jktb

Where I sled: indiana

Reposting to keep it on the board.
jktb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:19 AM   #3
gregrobbins

Where I sled: Canada
Unhappy

My charts don't show a listing for the Kimpex Super K 10-133 but it does show the 10-233 which is a 44 X 1-5/8in belt, the Dayco MAX 1117 is a 44-5/32 X 1-1/4in belt. I understand that your looking for a slightly smaller belt but why? Do you want a shorter or narrower belt? Generally to see if you have the correct belt , prop up the machine so the track is off the ground and run the machine for a couple minutes. Increase and decrease the RPM so both clutches open and close (don't use the break to slow the track) and don't go nuts with the throttle go slow. Let the engine wind down to idle and shut it off. Remove belt guard. First The side clearance of the belt on the primary should be between 0.020-0.060in . Any less will prevent proper disengagement of the belt and any more can cause slow acceleration. Second The belt on the secondary (the pulley should be closed at this point) should be at the top of the pulley but not more than 1/16 above the top. Third Next put a straight edge on top of the belt between the clutches and measure the deflection , it should be approx 1-1/4 in with approx 10 lbs of force applied. These conditions would be ideal for most machines but refer to manufactures specs for actual tollerances. The deflection can be adjusted by moving either the secondary back or forth. On some machines you will have to move the engine while maintaining correct alingment of the clutches with proper off-set. If the ride height on the secondary is within limits and the deflection is ok but the side clearance on the primary is out , this can be adjusted by adding or removing shims in the primary clutch assy. The same can normally be done on the secondary also. You can change belts till you run out of money but the clutches must be set to whatever belt you choose while maintaining proper off-set and alignment .
gregrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement