Mxz 700 Mods? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 09-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
mkfasttoys

Primary Sled: 05 f7 snopro efi o yea the orange one
Where I sled: old forge, ny
Send a message via AIM to mkfasttoys

i was wondering what others thought some of the best bolt on mods where for my 2000 mxz 700 i bought a mbrb silencer and that sounds great but i need to get some more go out of it. im lookin at v force reeds but i was wondering if doing this will compromise the reliability of it or make it finicky. right now it runs great all the time but it just needs a little more go. thanks and let me know what u think

yea thats a 2 stroke brrraaaapppp

hoolllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr to my fellow people from the beaver pond cabin hahah

2000 mxz 700
mkfasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
sledcrazy

Where I sled: All of Southern Maine, Rangeley, Mooshead, and some other Northern areas.
Send a message via AIM to sledcrazy

If your getting reeds, go w/ either Vforce 2 or 3. Reeds will NOT void your warranty either. and they make a noticeable power difference as well. they wont make your sled finicky or anything, and you probably dont need to jet for them. if you want to, get an RkTek head, they will wake your sled up a lot. Maybe get a dynoport pipe, that adds 5hp, and its a great boost in low and mid range. and it will fit your mbrp silencer as well.
sledcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
Rocketman

Primary Sled: 2003 Blair Morgan REV 800
Where I sled: Norquay, SK
Send a message via MSN to Rocketman

I would advise you to make sure dooman and kid rocker see this thread (ie send a PM) I know both ride 700s.
Yes, that is me in the avatar. #61

Quote:
When I raise my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold on judgement-
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies,
And I will repay those who haze me.

O Lord, raise me to thy right hand
and count me among thy saints....
New Server for SW Coming Soon
Please consider a Donation or SM Signup ---> $1200.00 GOAL
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 04:09 PM   #4
dooman
journeyman sled/motorhead

Mileage: 282
Primary Sled: 06 renegade 800 HO
Where I sled: Irons michigan,or where there is snow
Send a message via Yahoo to dooman

I would save the money on the v-force and opt for boyesen reeds, both give the throttle response an improvement.but the best bang for your buck is the boyesen petels.for the trail I would also to clutch the sled and jet it.I found mine runs best with 260's ,I do however jet up to the stock 280's when below -4f.I do have dpm which is great,you do not say if you have it or not.no single pipe they are not worth the cost.I have a piped sled that has crankshops twins runs great on the lakes or open fields but not a trail sled,seems to have an on/off switch instead of a throttle.now my buddy likes the piped sled as he is 50 lbs heavier than I am and he can keep up with me on it now,he does not mind riding it through the trail but I prefer the stock single.now the rktek head might be a great mod but you need to run good gas with it all the time,I find myself getting gas sometimes that would not be good with that combination.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #5
Steimy

Mileage: 1509 miles
Primary Sled: 05 mxz adrenaline 600 H.O. SDI
Where I sled: In da yupee GUY!
Send a message via Yahoo to Steimy

Dooman, I need to replace the reed petals on my stock cages. Boyesen is the way to go? Are they a noticeable difference to the stock petals?
05 mxz 600 H.O SDI (now)
Steimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
dooman
journeyman sled/motorhead

Mileage: 282
Primary Sled: 06 renegade 800 HO
Where I sled: Irons michigan,or where there is snow
Send a message via Yahoo to dooman

great mid range throttle response,much better than stock.I have posted this many times,on back to back pulls on the dyno the v-force was only 1 hp more across the powerband ,you see 1-2hp with boyesen and 2-3hp with v-force.I would buy the boyesen reeds and use the diffeance in price to buy the clutching components or goodwin kit.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:05 PM   #7
hillpounder

My experience with the dynoport FWIW: we had 2 identicle 00 700 summits in our family that always ran neck and neck. Put a dynoport single on one, it jumped out about 1.5 sled lengths consistently but never gained any ground, aprox 1/8-1/4 mile on snow. Put a restrictor in the stock pipe, neck and neck again. In the deep overhood powder the dynoport would get cold and kinda blubber sometimes, the shrouded stocker would never do this. Sold the dynoport and "retuned" the other stock pipe. This was at around 5k' so I don't know if the same results would happen at sealevel, the dynoport may work better down low. I know Alan at SLP worked real hard on a single for the 700 back in 99/00 and gave up, said he didn't want to sell a pipe that didn't show any real gains and risk reputation. Just my 2 cents, not a dynoport bash.
hillpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #8
mkfasttoys

Primary Sled: 05 f7 snopro efi o yea the orange one
Where I sled: old forge, ny
Send a message via AIM to mkfasttoys

thanks for the info i think im gonna go with boyeson reeds save some cash and get my clutch done

yea thats a 2 stroke brrraaaapppp

hoolllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr to my fellow people from the beaver pond cabin hahah

2000 mxz 700
mkfasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
eurofan

Where I sled: Grand Marais area in the U.P.

Anybody heard anything on the Wolfpack reeds? Supertrax did a test on them but I can't find a copy of it, they made it to thier faves list! Anybody running them in thier sled yet?

eurofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:30 PM   #10
ronzx9

Where I sled: Ohio, Mi, Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to ronzx9

I have the RK Tek head and it will run low octane fuel in a pinch. I was 80+ miles from our base town in Quebec and had to run 86 octane to get home. No issues. I wouldn't do it all the time and I run my jetting a little rich to avoid problems. With the mods I have done the motor produces more HP on the dyno a little rich than lean. Nice problem to have! IMO MacDizzy porting and RK Tek are the way to go with mods. Great mileage super torque and bulletproof reliability.

Ronzx9.
Advertisement