Mxz 700 Chain Case Lube Help Needed - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > HIGH TECH DISCUSSION FOR THE PERFORMANCE TUNER > FUEL SYSTEM/CARB MODIFICATIONS

Old 11-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
LevyMXZ700

Primary Sled: 2001 Ski Doo MXZ 700
Where I sled: Northern WI, Upper Michigan

Is it necessary to use factory Ski Doo chain case oil when replacing. I just drained my chain case and cleaned everything and it all looked pretty good. My questions is, Do I need to use Ski Doo chain case oil, or is there something else that I should use? Also, how much oil is required when re-filling. Thanks for the help guys and girls. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Tim
LevyMXZ700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
97mach1

Mileage: 69 miles
Primary Sled: 2008 MXZ Renegade 800R
Where I sled: White Cloud, MI

8.5 oz of fluid is what you need. Unless you have mechanical reverse, then it's 12 oz.

You can use whatever fluid you want. I've had good luck with Klotz Chaincase Lube, it's cheaper than the Doo stuff, and seems to work great.

I have friends that have used anything and everything you can think of -- transmission fluid, 80/90 gear lube, 10w30 motor oil, all without any problems.
97mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Klotzlubemn

Primary Sled: Yamaha
Where I sled: North Shore MN / Emily-Outing MN
Send a message via AIM to Klotzlubemn

7.00 for 12 oz of the Klotz chain case lube. Thats a good price.
Klotzlubemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Cam

Some folks use chaincase lube, and others use the 75W90 gear lube, which seems to be a popular (and cheaper) second choice. If you are interested in pricing, just pm me. :christmas:

</div>
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
LevyMXZ700

Primary Sled: 2001 Ski Doo MXZ 700
Where I sled: Northern WI, Upper Michigan

97Mach1, Cam, and Klotzlubemn, thanks a bunch for the replies. I was beginning to wonder if anyone answers questions like mine. I&#39;m not terribly new to the sport, but I am to my own maintenance and your replies all help me to get better. I ended up going with 8 oz of Arctic Blue synthetic chain case lubricant since I hadn&#39;t received any replies for a few days. I was told by another fellow friend/sledder that that&#39;s what he uses and has not had any problems. Doo wanted $20 for their bottle, I picked mine up for $9. Again, I sure appreciate you responding and look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Have a great season.

Tim
LevyMXZ700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
dooman
journeyman sled/motorhead

Mileage: 282
Primary Sled: 06 renegade 800 HO
Where I sled: Irons michigan,or where there is snow
Send a message via Yahoo to dooman

Quote:
97Mach1, Cam, and Klotzlubemn, thanks a bunch for the replies. I was beginning to wonder if anyone answers questions like mine. I&#39;m not terribly new to the sport, but I am to my own maintenance and your replies all help me to get better. I ended up going with 8 oz of Arctic Blue synthetic chain case lubricant since I hadn&#39;t received any replies for a few days. I was told by another fellow friend/sledder that that&#39;s what he uses and has not had any problems. Doo wanted $20 for their bottle, I picked mine up for $9. Again, I sure appreciate you responding and look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Have a great season.

Tim[/b]
I use amsoil products , have been using the chain case and greases for years now.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
redlined

Mileage: 10x500ft
Primary Sled: Millenium Mach Z
Where I sled: Welland River

Again, I agree with dooman, Amsoil&#39;s syntetic chaincase oil I think is great, I always use that stuff. It costs $8.95 CDN at Royal. Why didn&#39;t &#39;Cam&#39; with all of the amsoil banners on his post suggest this product instead of standard gear oil?
redlined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #8
Cam

Quote:
Again, I agree with dooman, Amsoil&#39;s syntetic chaincase oil I think is great, I always use that stuff. It costs $8.95 CDN at Royal. Why didn&#39;t &#39;Cam&#39; with all of the amsoil banners on his post suggest this product instead of standard gear oil?[/b]
I simply stated what is available, and what some folks use as a first and second choice, in my experience. You can always pm me for more detailed information and pricing. BTW, my price to SW folks is considerably cheaper than what you paid at Royal. Check out the link in my sig if you like.

Cheers

Cam

</div>
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #9
redlined

Mileage: 10x500ft
Primary Sled: Millenium Mach Z
Where I sled: Welland River

Quote:
I simply stated what is available, and what some folks use as a first and second choice, in my experience. You can always pm me for more detailed information and pricing. BTW, my price to SW folks is considerably cheaper than what you paid at Royal. Check out the link in my sig if you like.

Cheers

Cam[/b]
I will definitely hit you up on that,
Thanks Cam,
Brett.
redlined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
dooman
journeyman sled/motorhead

Mileage: 282
Primary Sled: 06 renegade 800 HO
Where I sled: Irons michigan,or where there is snow
Send a message via Yahoo to dooman

Quote:
I will definitely hit you up on that,
Thanks Cam,
Brett.[/b]
I am not trying to take anyones sales but I too sell at cost to sw members.
Advertisement