1980 John Deere Trailfire 440 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING EXTRAS! > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 11-02-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
tegs

I have a 1980 John Deere Trailfire 440 for sale. Engine runs excellent. Never rebuilt. Approx 2000 miles on sled. Seat is in near perfect condition. Track is intact, but metal cleats are in really bad shape(I have welded about 10 of them back togethter). Lots of good parts. Carb was rebuilt two years ago, but was never adjusted quite rite. Hood is in rough shape, so is windshield. Dash is almost completely gone(lots of duct tape). Speedo works(had a custom cable made years ago). Brake lever and cable are gone. Throttle lever is junk, throttle cable is good. Choke and cable are good. Ignition and original key are in good shape. No headlight. Clutch is in good condition. Steering has seen better days. Ski's are in fair condition(dented). Like I said, for anyone who has one of these, lots and lots of good parts. I hate to part with it, as I would like to restore it, but I don't have the time and money. Make me a reasonable offer. Located in Woodbury MN (suburb of St. Paul). I will check back here periodically. Thanks.
The trails here suck!
We need more snow!
tegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2002, 03:07 PM   #2
tegs

btt
The trails here suck!
We need more snow!
Old 11-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
tegs

No takers huh? Guess I'll have to take her out for one last good beating! It can handle it.
The trails here suck!
We need more snow!
Old 11-29-2002, 04:43 PM   #4
WoodyCam

Primary Sled: 2007 Yamaha Attak GT
Where I sled: Southern IL when we have snow, then Minocqua, WI, U.P. MI, and Grand Lake, CO
Send a message via Yahoo to WoodyCam

ACtually, you really don't have much to do to get her back into great shape. I have an 81 JD 440 Trailfire, and I just put a bunch of new stuff on it. I also have an 80 440 Trailfire which I did take a couple of pieces off of. Your cables, and brakes, should be less than $50 and I think your sled could be in good shape for less than $100. Also, the metal brackets on my JD have been cracked for 10 years now, and the sled runs just fine. I wouldn't worry abou them.

I have a 1980 JD 440 Trailfire minus carb and some other small parts, but sounds like it'd be a good match for this sled you're selling.

Here's a pic of my 81
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deere_1.jpg (48.7 KB, 113 views)

Don't just sit there with your teeth in your mouth, get out and ride!!

WoodyCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement