Bolens Hus-ski - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING EXTRAS! > VINTAGE SLEDS

Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
gshock

Primary Sled: '71 340 Tn'T
Where I sled: Adirondack foothills & Southern Tier NY
Thumbs up

Hi all. I'm new to the site. I saw a couple of posts about the Bolens Hus-ski. I actually have several of these. I have two of the older metal yellow ones, and one of the later Bolens fiberglass hood Hus-ski's. The decals are still intact so I'm sure of it's origin. My dad's had the sled for years and he got it from and old friend. I've pulled the motor and found a suitable replacement. If memory serves, it's a JLO motor. The replacement is a bigger engine. But the chassis and sled need a lot of work.

So I'm looking for parts, diagrams, old manuals, information of any kind that anyone might have pertaining to this sled.

I saw someone's post that Bolens renamed the Hus-ski the "Diablo Rouge." Perhaps you could help me date these sleds, and perhaps figure out what was original equipment in the day.

Thanks.
gshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
catdoo

Mileage: 2121 mi.
Primary Sled: 2006 Arctic Cat Sabercat 700 EFI LX
Where I sled: Ontario

Quote:
Hi all. I'm new to the site. I saw a couple of posts about the Bolens Hus-ski. I actually have several of these. I have two of the older metal yellow ones, and one of the later Bolens fiberglass hood Hus-ski's. The decals are still intact so I'm sure of it's origin. My dad's had the sled for years and he got it from and old friend. I've pulled the motor and found a suitable replacement. If memory serves, it's a JLO motor. The replacement is a bigger engine. But the chassis and sled need a lot of work.

So I'm looking for parts, diagrams, old manuals, information of any kind that anyone might have pertaining to this sled.

I saw someone's post that Bolens renamed the Hus-ski the "Diablo Rouge." Perhaps you could help me date these sleds, and perhaps figure out what was original equipment in the day.

Thanks.[/b]
My old repair manual suggests that up to 1967 they were Hus-Ski and in '67 they had both models and Diablo Rouge after . They had JLO 152 engines in the 200 model and JLO 252 engines in the 400 , 444 and 600 models. Diablo Rouge had Hirth 300 engines in the 500, 502 and 503 models. In 1969 Bolens switched to single track snowmobiles.
Hope that helps a little bit.

2006 Mustang V6, Pony Package, Legend Lime (my other Green Machine)
catdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
dave low

Mileage: 1000
Primary Sled: Ski-doo 800 HO
Where I sled: New Hampshire

Quote:

Thanks.[/b]
dave low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #4
dave low

I have a hus-ski 444 manual i can copy for you. Leave an e mail address.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #5
gshock

Primary Sled: '71 340 Tn'T
Where I sled: Adirondack foothills & Southern Tier NY

Quote:
I have a hus-ski 444 manual i can copy for you. Leave an e mail address.[/b]
dave low, thanks. kristanxc@yahoo.com

gshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
dave low

Quote:

Thanks.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement