97 Formula Deluxe Headlight Problem - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
mfdcar1

Mileage: 100
Primary Sled: 2000 Ski doo Formula Deluxe 700
Where I sled: Washington, NH

I have a 1997 Formula Deluxe 500 and I can't keep the headlight on without the bulb blowing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows of a possible fix. The bulb actually exploded on a couple of occasions.
mfdcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
joshleakey

Primary Sled: 2002 mxz 700 heritage
Where I sled: Ontario
Send a message via MSN to joshleakey

I am having the same problem with my 1998 formula deluxe 583, best case scenario voltage regulator ( about 50 bucks, located under engine on front of tunnel, easier to get at if you remove the exhaust, it is a little box with some wire coming out of it, including a nesicary groud wire ) and worse case is your stator plate ( about 400 bucks new, and 100-200 to have rebuilt) apparently this is common on 97 and 98 formulas, are the rest of your gauges workign all the time ? ( temp / tach/ fuel / gauge lights) good luck and let me know if you find out what else it could be , mine is sittign at my mechanics waiting to be tested and fixed .
joshleakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
mfdcar1

Mileage: 100
Primary Sled: 2000 Ski doo Formula Deluxe 700
Where I sled: Washington, NH

Quote:
I am having the same problem with my 1998 formula deluxe 583, best case scenario voltage regulator ( about 50 bucks, located under engine on front of tunnel, easier to get at if you remove the exhaust, it is a little box with some wire coming out of it, including a nesicary groud wire ) and worse case is your stator plate ( about 400 bucks new, and 100-200 to have rebuilt) apparently this is common on 97 and 98 formulas, are the rest of your gauges workign all the time ? ( temp / tach/ fuel / gauge lights) good luck and let me know if you find out what else it could be , mine is sittign at my mechanics waiting to be tested and fixed .[/b]
It's funny the gauges do work, but no gauge lights. I just wrote that off to a bulb out. I'll check the regulator and keep my fingers crossed.
mfdcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement