Best Mods For A Mxz 550 F - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
cameron2008

Mileage: 180 miles
Primary Sled: Ski Doo MXZ 550 F
Where I sled: NS

Hey, I just took delivery of a 2006 MXZ 550F (along with a friend as joint owner - it's complicated?! ) and just wondering if there's anything we need to know immediately about this ride?

We've both owned a couple of sleds (only 1 ski doo though) and ridden a bunch more of other folks but we've not much clue about modding and tweaking and wondered if there's cool stuff to do straight up to this sled? Any aftermarket additions people like for this ride? Happy to hear all thoughts, meantime we'll keep hammering it down trails and up hills....

Cam :undercover:
cameron2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Droptop

Mileage: 850 miles
Primary Sled: 2008 MXZ 550X REV
Where I sled: Central/Northern New Hampshire

play with clutching

160/290 primary and add some weight to the primary to be exact

best power comes at ~7000, so keep on adding weight till you start bogging down (ie, the more weight the better, as long as you can hold 7000).

-2008 Ski-Doo MXZ 550X

Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
cameron2008

Mileage: 180 miles
Primary Sled: Ski Doo MXZ 550 F
Where I sled: NS

Cool! Thanks for that Droptop - I'll hopefully get a chance to test out mods/tweaks this weekend or mid week (I feel a sick day coming on ) so it will be cool to test that and (hopefully) other stuff o nthe sled.. Cam
cameron2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Machzzzz1

Mileage: 2000km
Primary Sled: 2005 Mach Z 1000
Where I sled: All over ONTARIO

Quote:
Hey, I just took delivery of a 2006 MXZ 550F (along with a friend as joint owner - it's complicated?! ) and just wondering if there's anything we need to know immediately about this ride?

We've both owned a couple of sleds (only 1 ski doo though) and ridden a bunch more of other folks but we've not much clue about modding and tweaking and wondered if there's cool stuff to do straight up to this sled? Any aftermarket additions people like for this ride? Happy to hear all thoughts, meantime we'll keep hammering it down trails and up hills....

Cam :undercover:[/b]

The best mod you could do is put some better shocks on it. i belive the 550f doesnt have adjustables up front. I dont know how anyone can live without them.

And get a Tach if your sled didnt come with one. Its a really good tool for clutching and just noticing the performance of your sled..
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
dooman
journeyman sled/motorhead

Mileage: 282
Primary Sled: 06 renegade 800 HO
Where I sled: Irons michigan,or where there is snow
Send a message via Yahoo to dooman

Quote:
The best mod you could do is put some better shocks on it. i belive the 550f doesnt have adjustables up front. I dont know how anyone can live without them.

And get a Tach if your sled didnt come with one. Its a really good tool for clutching and just noticing the performance of your sled..[/b]
I used to say that about the shocks. I have to admit after riding my renegade with motion control shocks on it , my opinion has changed.
Advertisement