oil injector adjustment-help - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
goldminer

Primary Sled: '89 Ski Doo Mach 1
Where I sled: 8-Mile, Montana
Default oil injector adjustment-help

583 rotax in a 1989 skiformula mach 1- I am assuming that the cable adjuster at the injector pump is how you control the oil. I'd like to be sure . Anyone have a website or instructions on how to adjust the fuel/oil mixture?
I've been monitoring the oil consumption and it seems a little excessive as opposed to a 50/1 premix.
Any help appreciated.
Thanx
Goldminer
goldminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
buzzman93

Theres a mark on the top of the pump. And a mark on the arm the cable moves at the pump. When you pull full throttle the 2 marks should line up.
buzzman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
snowmutt

Mileage: don't count
Primary Sled: )
Where I sled: michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
583 rotax in a 1989 skiformula mach 1- I am assuming that the cable adjuster at the injector pump is how you control the oil. I'd like to be sure . Anyone have a website or instructions on how to adjust the fuel/oil mixture?
I've been monitoring the oil consumption and it seems a little excessive as opposed to a 50/1 premix.
Any help appreciated.
Thanx
Goldminer
Not to sure on your model, the adjuster is on the cable between the throttle splitter and the pump(little brass thingy).
On a rev you measure the gap at the flipper and add it to the stock cable spec, that should be your adjusment.
The stock spec is the gap between the brass fitting and cable sheath when pulling it apart. this is under the rubber boot on the oil pump cable.
To adjust ... loosen the lock nut and then turn the barrel in or out.
Turning it in= LEAN ..less oil. Out= rich..more oil.

Im in the middle of doing ours ..way to much oil..22:1.
Do little adjusments at a time and do plug checks to get the color you want , mine are blk and wet..shooting for drk brown.

If you can't get the stock specs, just start to lean it out (turn at a time ) and run plug checks , get the color you want and then do a fuel/oil ratio check to see where your at ...40:1 is a good goal.

mutt

snowmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement