Carb adjustment for Rotax 583 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 11-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
guidonero

Question Carb adjustment for Rotax 583

I've a recently aquired 1994 Ski Doo Formula Z 583 that had starting issues last winter but only when the engine was cold. What I have to do is to "band" the throttle so it's about 1/4 way engaged, set the brake, then pull the starter cord. If I do this, it starts pretty easily -- other wise, no go. After it's been run and warmed up, re-starting normally is no problem. I have no manual and therefore no info on adjusting the carbs. Any advice would be appreciated.
guidonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
NordikRider35

Mileage: 1300 (new sled)
Primary Sled: 1997 Ski-Doo Summit 670 Rotax
Where I sled: Sumpter Fairgrounds (Oregons Snowmobiling Mecca)
Cool ???

Hey there! I have some questions first, does it idle? When you release the throttle, does it return to proper idling RPM's?

Anyways, Check your idle screws, Little golden colored screws on the left side of the carburetor, Screw them in about... 1/4 of a turn, pull the cord, if it doesnt idle correctly, turn the screw(s) A little bit more, Do this until it idles correctly. When it does idle correctly, you should just be able to pull the cord without holding the throttle, Ive had the similar problem with a 1982 Ski-Doo Nordik 377, Fixed it, now it runs fine, if this does not fix the problem please tell me.

~NordikRider35

Happy Sledding!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
guidonero

Default Thanx!

Thanks for the adjustment tips. I'll be trying them out when I get some time this weekend. As for your questions, once its started then it seems to idle fine. Trying to think back to last year. There were a few times it was warmed up when I had to use the band on the throttle to start it again. Can't recall how warm the engine was, though.

Cheers!
guidonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement