2001 Mxz 800 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > SKI-DOO

Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Rexxenex

Primary Sled: 2001 Ski-doo MXZ 800
Where I sled: Lake Winnipeg area
Default 2001 Mxz 800

Im new here, new to newer sleds.. had an older one when i was young but never had to look after it.. so now i need some insight on my problem.

Ok heres the deal.

Just bought a 2001 ski-doo MXZ 800. It had a full engine rebuild 1100 miels ago. Went to look at it, it ran perfect and everything seemed fine. I bring it home, its been sitting for 2 weeks since we still dont have enough snow. Other day (saturday) i went out and started it up... let it run.. after about 30 seconds of letting it run it starts back firing and then dies on itself. It does this about 3 times until it makes a loud pop. I removed both plugs and if your sitting on the seat the plug on my right was dry but the plug on left was wet with gas. So i noticed that the wires were kinda frayed so i replaced the spark plug wires as the plugs look to be pretty much new. I go to start it and it starts and stops after 2 seconds. Did it about 3 times and then there was the pop again. Im getting pretty frustrated as i havent even rode the machine yet. Anyone have any insight to this? I want to get it running before the snow hits. Ill be picking up new plugs tomorrow afternoon and replace the gas that is in the machine
Rexxenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
2quick4U

Mileage: 2K/year
Primary Sled: 2007 MachZ
Where I sled: Michigan

Had a 2002 MXZ 800 and had to clean both Carbs...had the same issue with my sons 380...cleaned both carbs and the problem went away. Not sure if this is what is wrong with yours or not but, a pretty cheap way to start...
2quick4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Rexxenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick4U View Post
Had a 2002 MXZ 800 and had to clean both Carbs...had the same issue with my sons 380...cleaned both carbs and the problem went away. Not sure if this is what is wrong with yours or not but, a pretty cheap way to start...
thanks for the info. Ill be trying to cleaning the carbs tomorrow... picked up some new plugs and hoping everything works out and she runs like she should. ill let you guys know after the weekend!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Rexxenex

cleaned the carbs and some other maintenance and new plugs and she runs like she is a brand new machine!! thanks for the info 2quick4u!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement