blown headgasket causing problems - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > GENERAL SNOWMOBILING

Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
jklap42029

Post blown headgasket causing problems

i had posted about flipping my sled a couple days ago. i ride a 2000 mxz 700 and aftee flippig it it starts first pull but as soon as u give it gas it boggs out and wont move!! after tearing my carbs of and cleaning them and that mot working i noticed some coolant bubbling from one of thw head bolts it was so loose i could twist it with my finger so i asume sinse i just bought the sled that the guy before me didnt torqe the bolts down. i believe i have a blown headgaskey after seeing the coolant bubble from thebolt. coukd th is cause my sked to start but not move when i give it gas... the engine isn't creating enough power to engage the clutch. When u give it gas it doesn't even rev it boggs and then backfires someone plan help
jklap42029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
94ZR580

Where I sled: Around town and Christopher / Emma Lakes

What do the spark plugs and top of the piston look like? I don't know for sure, but I'll guess that the head uses inner and out o-rings instead of a head gasket. There would also be o-rings on the bottom of the head of the head bolts because they are in the water jacket. One loose head bolt shouldn't cause coolant to leak into the combustion chamber, but you will want to check all of them for proper torque. If you're getting coolant into the combustion chamber you should have white smoke billowing from the exhaust, and it should not prevent your engine from revving. Start by torquing everything down.

I don't believe your condition is caused by a coolant leak at the head. Is your condition a lean bog, or a rich bog? Is it electrical, meaning is something cutting the ignition as the throttle is opened, as in a throttle safety switch? (I'm familiar with the Cat TSS, but I don't know what, if anything, Skidoo uses) Is something physically preventing the carb slides from lifting?
94ZR580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement