Newbie, 2001 Yamaha Mountain Lite Question. - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums
» Sponsors
Go Back   Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum > SNOWMOBILING SECTION > New Members Section

Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
crewchiefaf

Default Newbie, 2001 Yamaha Mountain Lite Question.

I just moved to Northern California, I bought a 2001 Yamaha Mountain Lite. Runs and ride great. My question is, my mother has a 2001 Yamaha Phazer deluxe, they look very similar but when they where sitting next to each other on level ground in the garage I noticed hers sets about 4 inches higher in the front end. They are both set at their softest setting on the shocks, but my coils are far more compressed than hers. I was wondering if that is the way it is suppose to be or do I need some new coils. I called the local yamaha dealership and they said they couldn't tell me cause the sled was to old. Please help.
crewchiefaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
mcloren

Welcome to the forum. Good to see around you
I am Loren .. nice to meet you

Last edited by mcloren; 02-26-2013 at 08:44 PM.
mcloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
retiredpop

Mileage: 35,000 miles +
Primary Sled: 2010 RMK600
Where I sled: AB, BC, MT

They may look to be the same but the front end geometry is different. The mountain lite has 38.6" ski stance and the deluxe has 42.1" ski stance. Overall width of the 2 sleds are different too. Control arms and shock assembly are different part numbers between the 2 sleds. Taking that into account there is nothing wrong with your sled. Your local Yamaha dealer is just lazy if he couldn't look up the difference.
Advertisement