Time To Start All Over - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Is it just me or did we get cleared out Rick.

Came onto here and saw that everything is gone. I don't know if I replied to your last post or not Rick.

Thunder and lightning outside right now, most of it's North of us though. Probably get some rain before the night is over though. There's a few guys rolling in the fields now, we're going to haul grain out this week and get some more grain cleaned then hopefully next week we can give er hell.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:50 PM

Thumbs down

Guys I moved your threads to Chit Chat as the Local forums are edited then closed for the off season.
post #3 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Hi revrnd, just found them over on the chit chat side. Thanks for moving them. I didn't konw that the local forums were shut down in the off season.

Thanks

Ryan

post #4 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:35 PM

Hi Ryan well that's ok thing need to be cleaned they should have taken them right out taking up space....

Finished of with the training stuff again went well brought the students down here they did well too....this is it for a bit...

went with hap today and looked at some new tires for the Quad we will have them on soon Troy gave me a great deal on them....we where even talking about Rick's new Apex maybe for the fall .......lucky Claudette she will get the RX1....

we had another old timer out with us on Monday Hap & myself these old guys want to go Quading with us the one the other night said he had a blast & wants to know when we where going out again if we would stop in & get him he loved it...
Seen Dan today he said he has another buddy how wants to come it's old Roy the guy that bought my old EXT 550 then went to Texas & sold the 550 to Hap....Roy is 84 ...

Did you guys start seeding yet or still not dry enough....some guys are done here some of the bigger guys 3,000 to 4,000 are done some of the small guys have not even started...funny start around here has me thinking what's going on....

Hap bought a Quad with a popped engine for 600 today....I hope he gets it running soon.....

Ryan put some pictures of a truck on the chit chat section

Rick
post #5 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Hi Rick, spent the first day out in the fields today. I went out and harrowed a couple of quarters, just getting them ready to seed. I was just about sitting once though. I came up to one hollow that didn't look to bad. When the front wheels hit though they pushed the mud out, almost like a wave in the water. I new I was in trouble then. I manage to get threw to the other side but then I powered out. I had it in the highest gear I could in the range that I was in. I did get down a gear too but it still wasn't quit enough. The front wheels were on dry land though so I started to rock it and it came a couple feet at a time. Finally at the end I was just about out so I gave er and got the heck out of there. I was a little more careful after that episode.

I know of one guy that bought a quad like that, only he paid allot more. He had allot of trouble keeping it going though. Hope Hap makes out okay with it.

I cheked out that troys website the other night, he didn't show any dirt bikes like what I'm after though. I imagine he had some there somewhere though.

Ryan
post #6 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:52 PM

Hi Ryan sounds like you had lady luck on your side doing some field work....that would be no fun getting stuck no one around to help out just like winter roads....you need sat radio I got one for x-mas and have not even used it yet ....but I would have if I went on winter roads....

Got sick yesterday head cold body feels like I got ran over by a farm tractor and not a small one either and big one....they say it last for 10 days been drinking lot's of water though.....it's cool outside here so I will take it easy no Quad today maybe tomorrow...heehee

Will be interesting to see what Hap does with that Quad I hope it gets it running soon but I have my doubts...

Wow them tires are unreal where I would go though before in 4x4 and just make it I go in 2 wheel drive stop and go unreal..... I would not have thought tires would make that much of a difference but they do.....I need extensions on the fenders that why she gets unreal muddy it flies...

Troy does have dirt bikes there his web page is not up to date he even has water crafts....and Apex sleds too...

Rick
post #7 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Yep, I got lucky that time. I was bitting my teeth for a little bit. Last Feb I bought a set of midland 2 way radios on ebay. I had it with me all day out in the field. Dad had the other one with him all the time. I was only a mile away from home so even if I had to walk it wouldn't have been to bad. Went out today again and did some more harrowing on the home quarter. Found a few soft spots there too, nothing as bad as the other one though.

Sounds like the exact same cold that I had last week. The worst of it was over in a couple of days but it hangs on for a while.

I kind of figured that he'd have them. Little dirt bike is working good for now again so the hunt is off for a little while unless I find a screaming good deal. Not a whole lot of extra money to spend right now anyways. I'm hoping this fall though.

Glad to hear them tires paid off. We need new tires on our quad too. Ours are wore pretty much right off now. Probably wont go all out though we don't have it out in mud much at all.

Ryan
post #8 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 10:04 PM

That's good Ryan you have them radio's...

ya this cold sucks I have not been sick for some time but when I do I get sick it knocks me for a loop...

I was lookiing a some yesterday when I was there for the 3rd day in a row Ryan...

Yes them tires are unreal I would not have belived you if you told me it would make that much of a differance...

If you want my old ones you can have them they have just over 1,100 k on them they will sit around here and do nothing.... I will ship them cod you pay the shipping and and that it...

Rick
post #9 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

I've wanted to get my hands on a set of radios for a while now, but had never wanted to pay 100 bucks for a set. I found a set on ebay in feb that were on for a good deal so I figured what the heck. They come in handy and the auctions too. Makes it a little easier to find one another. They're not good for a real long distance but I'd say they're better then cb radios or at least the ones we used to have.

That's the same with me Rick, I don't get sick verry often either but when I do it hits me hard. It usually knocks me out for a couple of days any ways. Hope you get over it quick.

Ya must really like looking at them apexs ehh. It sounds like there's going to be one in the not to far future. All you need then is a Yamaha generator to go with it and you'll have it made.

I put a new mud tire on my dirt bike this spring and that sure made a difference too. I used to have one heck of a time getting around in the wet stuff no I've got no problems up to a point. A little traction goes a long ways.

Wow Rick, that's one heck of a offer. Do you know what size they are? I think our Honda has kind of a odd ball size on it. We'd have to give you something for them though they still have to be worth something. :thumbsup:

Ryan

post #10 of 727 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:47 PM

ebay has everything Ryan have they changed though...yes the auction what a great idea Ryan....

yes sick sucks have not done much from Friday on just drink lot's of water sleep watch hockey play on the computer....little better this morning still taking it easy though...

Yes Ryan I sure would like one just because....but who knows what will happen...that to funny I was looking at a Yamaha gen set to have around here if the power goes out in the winter to run the woodstove cold air fan water pump...etc stove did quite leaking going to have a look...

I want nothing for them... if they will fit then find a place that will deliverer them to P.A. and there yours...on the other post the spec on the tires are there Ryan...

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page