Booing canadians - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Did anyone hear about how people in Detroit at the basketball game the other night booed the Canadian national anthem? Actually started to "Booo" during the playing of "Oh, Canada".

Now there are our soldiers over there fighting alongside yours, and being killed by yours! I have no doubt that that event was an accident, but to openly boo our national anthem at such a public event is a disgrace, less than a week after that tragic event.

I don't for a second believe that those booing idiots are representative of the majority of Americans, but unfortunately, it is them that give Americans the stellar reputation that you have in the international community.

We in Canada bleed just like you when our heroes are killed. To have it rubbed in our face by a few idiots is a slap in the face.

Thanks - I just felt the need to vent

Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Ride Sober.......And Everyone Lives to Ride Another Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 02:51 PM

I think that is just a reflection of some of fans at sporting events. Look at the fans in Philly who cheered when the Dallas Cowboy player was injured & taken off the field.

It always PMO when I read in a newspaper an article about NASCAR written by a "stick & ball" sportswriter about why people go to car races. We've all been told it's to see the crashes. WHAT!? I think these guys need their heads examined for writing garbage like that.

I have several friends from the US that have been up here and those that haven't. Knowing them as I do, those idiots are in the minority, and make it bad for the good folks.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 03:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to jwheeler
Some people are just ignorant A holes, and you will find people like that everywhere in the world, but to do that was a bit much during our National Anthem.

Its brothers are the LEARJET and the NEW YORK CITY SUBWAY..... care to debate performance and durability?

SKI-DOO</span>
Theres still nothing like it...

01 700 MXZ , MBRP Race can, 1.5" Doo Sno X Track, 3" Bar Riser with FLY Mini guns, Laced with yellow and Geared to go.** ALSO FER SALE**
<span style="font-family:Optima">Skidoo.com

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 03:11 PM

Wink

It makes me sad that a couple a$$holes have to make Americans look bad. I have traveled to every state except Alaska, Texas, and Hawaii. I have met MANY Americans on this board, on the trail, and in my travels 99.9999% of them are great people, but just like every other group there are a few dingbats that ruin everything. Dont take it to heart and know that what goes around comes around. Bad karma sticks to you forever. What happened was an accident and it is a war, my heart goes out to the families of the soldiers and the pilot who now has to live with what happened. We shouldnt be booing each other these days we need to stick together. Together we stand divided we fall. I am very proud to be Canadian but love our American neighbours. Dont let a few bad apples leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Peace, Love, & Peanut butter
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 04:57 PM

Booing a national anthem is just plain ignorant, *I find it hard to believe that the 0.0001% of Americans that are not cool were all in attendance at this sporting event.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 05:39 PM

Wink

I agree booing *the national anthem is very ignorant, but most of the americans i have met and talked to LOVE Canada they come here to cottage, fish, hunt, sled, & vacation. Dont get me wrong im not defending the defilers, just dont judge them all by a bunch of drunken morons. The media is also hyping the daylights out of the accident, and turning it into a b.s. situation.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 05:39 PM

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!. SIMPLE. * *
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 05:43 PM

Thumbs up

I AM CANADIAN i have travelled extensively all around europe the states and Canada, IMHO Canada is where its at!!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 06:13 PM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LadyK @ April 23, 2002, 12:39pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree booing *the national anthem is very ignorant, but most of the americans i have met and talked to LOVE Canada they come here to cottage, fish, hunt, sled, & vacation. Dont get me wrong im not defending the defilers, just dont judge them all by a bunch of drunken morons. The media is also hyping the daylights out of the accident, and turning it into a b.s. situation.[/b][/quote]
Thank you for setting it straight, LadyK. *Well said.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 06:21 PM

Smile

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did anyone hear about how people in Detroit at the basketball game the other night[/b][/quote] Besides who cares about basketball losers anyways. Its not like it was hockey. * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page