Why Dont You Tip Over When Boondocking? - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:28 PM

I remember thinking the very same thing, back in the day.
You do tip over when boondocking and you also get stuck alot and you hit trees and stumps and rocks.
Even so... it is the best type of riding, IMHO.
When you weigh half as much as the sled it is much easier also.
Pactice, and take DOCRMK's advice about your ars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 12:10 AM

:bash: Why does so many people ask the same question..... if you learn to balance the sled correclty its not a problem and learn what the little black lever does...it acutally quiet fun.. and can give you a thrill you thought you'd never had...but most of all don't mind fallin off.. its fun too...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WoodyCam
I tried to teach myself out at Kingston Plains last year in the UP. It took a lot of attempts, some of which left me falling off from leaning too far and being drug 20 feet or so. :bash:

Either way, after several attempts I did get one or two self gratifying carves made. It's pretty cool to do, and fun trying.

By the way, I was on my 2003 Viper ER with the 136" Ripsaw.

JOel

My insane love of snowmobiling is the only thing that keeps me from going insane!

Don't just sit there with your teeth in your mouth, get out and ride!!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 03:01 PM

your sled would have to have alot of power and lots of hookup to flip it right over backwards from a dead stop on a flat surface.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 PM

When I do this on a trail with my 440 fan long track lol, I put my opposite foot on the running board and jerk it to the side my foot is on while giving it a shot of gas and put my weight back on over the track and just fly like the wind baby, on one ski :blahblah:
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 PM

Like surfing, jet skiing, snowboarding in powder, forward momentum and speed is key. Can't mind falling off. Friends got me into snowmobiling who predominantly ride trails. Surprising how many of them can't stand to fall off their sleds. Take the heavy coat off, put both feet on one running board and free that ski dude! Like skiing- if you ain't falling some, you're learning curve's a flatliner
Keep trying man, once you get it you'll forever be looking for the wide open spaces!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:49 PM

This is what happens when you practice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture_1.jpg (39.9 KB, 264 views)
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:31 PM

All you have to do is lean to one side ant turn the skis in the opposite direction then balence it. It"s porbably the best part of snowmobiling. Oh yeah in real deep powder when you tip to far to the inside you get to find out what Superman felt like!! Absolutly no down sides to boondocking!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page