Big Wheel Kits - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have a big wheel kit installed? I see they make billet aluminum ones now. They look nicer than the plastic ones but doo they damage the track? Did you notice a difference after installing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:49 PM

I do not use one myself, but I can guarantee they do not hurt the track if properly installed.I just am not a big believer in the benefits= bang for buck. I am sure that they reduce rolling resistance, but what percent versus cost of kit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanxs for the advice OMOTM. That is what I was figuring a few hundred bucks for a couple sled lengths.No thanxs, my money will be better spent on gas and diesel They doo look good though, add at least 30-35 mental horsepower .

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 01:00 PM

I paid $45 ea here's what they look like and you can get them at this e mail address. [email protected] Ask about beerings.
1200 Holtz[img]http://www.offroadz.com/bonzi/photogallery/holtz1187/Left%20Rear.JPG' border='0' width='400' height='300' alt='user posted image'>
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:55 AM

anderson chassis sells em commercailly, but you can very easily go to a machine shop, give them some numbers(for total diamater, outer bearing size and such) and they can make some up quick or just get a hold of a laith and do em yourself, for racing every bit counts, but for riding it is all just for looks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:33 PM

The big wheel idea sounds great but you certainly cant install them in the same holes as the stock ones?
What kind on an addition to the rails do you have to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page