LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-17-2003, 09:41 AM
JBK

Solid. Let us know.
Jamie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Well, FYI. I put the bolts from the hdwr store in, with thinner heads, but the heads are a little larger in diameter. So large, that I can't get a socket around them becasue they hang low, down by the tension bolt. So it looks like the solution will be to use the original bolts, and just take a grinder to the heads, thinning them down to where they will still hold the hex driver when tightening them. Hopefully I will get this done this weekend, once Santa Clause has left town. LOL
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 12:58 PM

You are going to love it, I did it to my ZRT, but maintained the stock 121 rear arm to tunnel mounting point, your way is better.

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 08:59 AM

jim
i just finished my 02 zr800 efi cc 136 project i'll post some photos soon. i went a little different route. i built a custom tunnel extension thats only 5 inches longer than stock and uses the stock rear bumper and extended the extruded edge gripers on the footbards. i just added tracks USA rails extensions 8 inch wheels and went with a 136x1.5x15 9800 camoplast it only weighs 3 lbs more than the stock 1.25. Jim were do you ride inthe UP i live in iron mountain and ride with a bunch of powder hounds with mountain cats ( iwas going to buy one but i hate to trail ride them thus the zr 136 project) just wondering if you get up in this neck of the woods we are always running the woods piplines and powerlines if you ever need someone to hook up with.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 06:10 PM

my ZR800EFI CC 136 the way a cross country should have been built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010079.JPG (62.3 KB, 162 views)
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

The sled looks great Phil!! Looks like you didn't need much of a tunnel extension at all. I went with the std extension because I do plan on installing a little rack back there soon. Whether it's us or someone else on the side of the trail, seems at least once a season we're chasing down some gas for someone.
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 02:40 PM

Anyone know where I would be able to get the rear bracket? I'm doing a sc10-II upgrade in my FZ670 with the ARC, and I need the rear bracket on the tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page