post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Whats the fastest ATV??
Post your answers!
SWRules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 11:05 PM

well i was told teh the new honda 450r wll be top of the chain it will beat the polaris any way
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to revnrob
Thats kinda hard to be spacific!!!!

I would say "fastest where??"
I have a 400ex with some goodies like RPM axle,, laegur +2 a-arms,,Ohlins off of a c-dale ,, R4 slipon,, jets,, filters,, and I can out run or hold my own in the woods or a track with just about anything,,,,,With that said,,,
I dont have the fastest quad out there but It will be faster than a quad that is not in their elament ,,,,a grizzly will be faster in the mud than a 400ex or the same type of quad...

What ya mean Fastest? In a top end run? From point A to point B in the twistys? I have buddys with 4wheel drives that can go faster than me when they are wound out but I get wound out first!!! Who is the faster quad I ask you?

I ride with a guy that has 3 Cannondles and he can smoke me on any of them just about any time he wants,,,,On top end there is no comparison , 397 vs 450 but in the tight slow sections were you dont need the motor screaming but you need lugging the most I will have the advantage,, When Im taped out in 5th ,the dale isnt even beathing hard yet,,,and most of the time my bud shifts on his way by me!!

I go to Little Sahara dunes and St Anthonys and see some fast quads going up sand Mnt and Chokecherry, But they cant go anywhere there are jumps or anything,,They are faster up the Mnt than me but they cant even follow me to a big dune because im faster to get their!!!!! I watched a DS 650 get spanked by a Z400 up chokecherry,, Why? could be alot of things,, I bet you the DS would spank the Z on flat ground though!!!!!

I rode the 450r out at St Anthonys and it didnt come out and say it was fast or anything, it just handled better than most quads,,, it does have the long legs like a banshee,,or a C-dale ,or a DS 650,,

When It come down to who has the fastest quad ,I turn away in disbelief of the people that say a Yami 450 will beat a Honda 450 , ECT , because if you took them out to a place where you could compare on a even feild you would see that each one will do better than the other at different things ,,,If you took them out to top end race there only can be one winner,,,see my point!!!!!

I know two brothers that own a Yami 450 with goodies and a C-dale with goodies race up Sand Mnt a hole bunch of times and the Yami would win most of the time,,and win with most quads,but he did get beat sometimes,,,the last race the one brother with the C-dale took on his brother with the Yami again knowing that he would probly get beat again but this time the dale won.. Now what is the faster quad????

This is not ment to rant and rave but it how I feel on the subject
Every quad is only as fast as the driver ,, no faster!!!

MY 2CNTS

Slower than some!!! Faster than most!!!!

It dont hurt till the bone shows!!!

Polished tunnel, Pipe, Can, Clutch Cover,
Hood Prefilter, Air box Prefilter, Oil Cady,

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 07:14 PM

Stock vs Stock it is up between the new 450 MX'ers. But if you start to talk about modded quads then that changes alot. You can get alot of power out of the 2-stroke Banshee and dont forget about the old Quadzilla 500.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

my guess would be between the yami 450f and 450r honda or a well moded machine!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 08:58 PM

ya when you get into mods the shee and 500r and untouchable not the most reliable for shur but fast.....unless you got a raptor with a jet engine in it!! !!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 05:43 PM

BANSHEE
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
BANSHEE
:dazed: No
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:57 PM

the pred. is up there. 80 mph stock

my sleds
2003 pro-x 700
1997 xcr 440
Wifes sleds
1998 Indy 500
1987 Indy Sprt
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 06:14 PM

preditor is decint but the 450's would take it anyday. Along with a banshee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page