Trip To Ride Deals Gap - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
Talking

anyone up for a trip down south, down to the smoky mountains? the post on Daves bike got me to thinking , how much I love to ride deals gap (u.s. 129) down from tennessee to n.c.. any takers and when would be good for others?

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to revrnd
I was just thru there in April in the truck on my way to Atlanta :thumbsup: . Be careful as there was a cop & a sherriff sitting @ the north end. I read on the 'net that the "bears" are increasing their presence this year.

US 129 south of Blairsville is really twisty as well if you have the time to check it out.

"A bad day on the trails, beats a good day at work!" Revrnd
"We're on a mission for God" Jake & Elwood Blue
"Remember, if you haven't got anything nice to say, say it often." Ed the Sock
1981 Elan
2004 Chev K2500HD
1986 Chev Monte Carlo SS

https://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/distance.php

https://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/accomodations.php

Previous Sleds:
1983 Citation 3500
1985 Formula MX
1990 Mach 1
1995 MXZ 440
1998 MXZ 500
2001 MXZ 600
2004 Legend 600SDI
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

yes , I have heard that as well. I have to say though I ride the HD a little slower than my past bikes. it just will not go as fast . that means all the guys on rockets will be done eating when I get there , or not who knows. I have a great uncle that lives down in Tennesse near "The Dragon" and my great grandmother that did. so many great roads to ride near cades cove as well. some awsome history in the area. well basically no strait roads in the mountains w00t so great riding. I will ride there. I have a couple softbags to use that slip on over my detachable backrest. but it seems I will be alone, as far as SW riders.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
yes , I have heard that as well. I have to say though I ride the HD a little slower than my past bikes. it just will not go as fast . that means all the guys on rockets will be done eating when I get there , or not who knows. I have a great uncle that lives down in Tennesse near "The Dragon" and my great grandmother that did. so many great roads to ride near cades cove as well. some awsome history in the area. well basically no strait roads in the mountains w00t so great riding. I will ride there. I have a couple softbags to use that slip on over my detachable backrest. but it seems I will be alone, as far as SW riders.[/b]

trust me I would LOVE to do that ride but $$$$ forces me to sit/ride at home this year cept for 10 days on the east coast between Searsport & Machias WITH THE BIKE :thumbsup: if things change I will be back . M
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

pic of large sac bag set on front side of backrest. makes nice backrest for rider on long hauls. also one shot of it on the bcak side if you choose or have a passenger. the 10 inch roll bag can go on top or other side of backrest if you choose. I cannot help but laugh as the roll bag is pretty faded compared to the large one. I guess that is saying not enough long trips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sac_bag.JPG (2.61 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg tony_042.JPG (2.55 MB, 74 views)

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

never mind how nice the bike is . its the roll bag of mine he is using that makes it look so good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tony_001.JPG (2.82 MB, 75 views)

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
anyone up for a trip down south, down to the smoky mountains? the post on Daves bike got me to thinking , how much I love to ride deals gap (u.s. 129) down from tennessee to n.c.. any takers and when would be good for others?[/b]

Man this would be really CooL! :thumbsup:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

looks like the last full week of June I am heading down. any one wishing to come down or follow me down is welcome.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
looks like the last full week of June I am heading down. any one wishing to come down or follow me down is welcome.[/b]
How was your trip dooman? Did you get to go?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
How was your trip dooman? Did you get to go?[/b]
poured rain the entire week I was to go, so I stayed home. I am looking to get a weekend ride down there soon. would have this weekend but just got asked to work all 3 days. you or anyone who would like to make a weekend ride down is welcome to/ help set a date.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page