A Minnesota Trip Next Year - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to puree
We dont all live in Michigan,,,, I live in Ohio and would think about coming to Minnesota for a trip. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live outside of Minneapolis that I could visit and make a vacation out of it. Would be nice to have a couple of other people come along to help with the cost..... would like to know about permits, licenses, etc,,,, for Minnesota.

09 1200 Renegade
10 1200X Renegade
03 F7
07 F6lxr
03 Z370es
78 Invader 440

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

minnestoa is about the easiest state to ride in, all you need is a trail pass for trial, its like 20 bucks for the whole year i think. maybe you can bride dave into coming with you. northern minnestoa is the funnest place to ride but if your coming to see family, see them, follow be up north and then ride for a few days. it would be nice to get like 8 to 10 people and have a ton of fun. the best type of riding here is hardcore ditch riding and its nothing like you guys have in ohio or michigan.

If it doesnt have an 8 foot box, it not a pickup, its a glorified 4 wheeler
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 PM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
not in michigan here. 50 miles north of indy.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
not in michigan here. 50 miles north of indy.[/b]
dont know what your saying here?
really you will just ahve to trust me on this about the ditches. in one 5 miles piece (my favorite place to ride but take 45 min to get there) there is 3 huge approaches with all about 40+ foot kit to lands. a ton of smaller jumps, like 4 big hills, a lot more, and all the while the clearing in the ditch is about 300 foot wide, its a lot of fun

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 AM

I am saying I live in Indiana, 50 miles north of Indianapolis.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to puree
You say the riding there is nothing like what we have in Michigan and Ohio,,,, only question I have is have you ever rode in Ohio?? I dont live where we have a trail system so you kinda make your own. We have quite a few hills to our south,,, matter of fact, the highest point between the appalacians and the Mississippi river is Campbell Point which is just south of me. We also have quite a few hard core ditches to play in and in my line of work, I am with farmers ever day and have permission to ride nearly ANYWHERE I want.

Trust me, I am not cutting down on Minnesota at all, I would love to ride there at least once,,,,

as far as permits, I believe there is something to do with Minnesota and studs in your track,,, arent some of the trails blacktopped and used for bikes in the summer,,, you arent allowed on them if the snow is too low or is it you pay more if you have studs in your track. I know that Michigan is one set price for the year and they have talked about raising it again (maybe up to 50$),,, I have no problem with that at all as long as the Govenor keeps the money collected to be used on the trails,,,, if the money starts going elsewhere, I will have a trail permit in Ontario instead. (maybe one in Minnesota also),,, please find out about the studs and any other things us out of staters would need to know about Minnesota,,, thanks
Brian

09 1200 Renegade
10 1200X Renegade
03 F7
07 F6lxr
03 Z370es
78 Invader 440

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator_X

Depends on the job situation, but I might be interested in hitchin a ride with someone if we get all the pertinent info first.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You say the riding there is nothing like what we have in Michigan and Ohio,,,, only question I have is have you ever rode in Ohio?? I dont live where we have a trail system so you kinda make your own. We have quite a few hills to our south,,, matter of fact, the highest point between the appalacians and the Mississippi river is Campbell Point which is just south of me. We also have quite a few hard core ditches to play in and in my line of work, I am with farmers ever day and have permission to ride nearly ANYWHERE I want.

Trust me, I am not cutting down on Minnesota at all, I would love to ride there at least once,,,,

as far as permits, I believe there is something to do with Minnesota and studs in your track,,, arent some of the trails blacktopped and used for bikes in the summer,,, you arent allowed on them if the snow is too low or is it you pay more if you have studs in your track. I know that Michigan is one set price for the year and they have talked about raising it again (maybe up to 50$),,, I have no problem with that at all as long as the Govenor keeps the money collected to be used on the trails,,,, if the money starts going elsewhere, I will have a trail permit in Ontario instead. (maybe one in Minnesota also),,, please find out about the studs and any other things us out of staters would need to know about Minnesota,,, thanks
Brian[/b]
sorry ive riden in michigan but not ohio but from what i have heard it wasnt quite the same. what your talking about is a lot like we ride here a lot of the time. the farmer thing is great to, basically up north they dont care. we have been places riding on private property when we didnt even know it the the owner came out and started riding with use, its a funny story be basically you can ride anywhere up north. just about everything were there is not a house is a state forest or park. as for the stud thing. there is a few blacktop trail that you are not even suppose to ride on but people do anyway. there is no special permit to run studs either anymore. there used to be one but they just went to a flat fee now.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Depends on the job situation, but I might be interested in hitchin a ride with someone if we get all the pertinent info first.[/b]
one of our smokers and a four place would not be too bad, maybe 16-20 hours ,I think. almost better to ride in colorado 19 hrs to there.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

it still a long ways away guys just seeing if people would be willing to come. as long as there is good snow ill make sure you will not be disapointed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page