Snowmobileworld 2008 Stateside Ride For Charity - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to puree
Thumbs down

ITS HERE!!! We are proud to announce the:
<div align="center">
4th Annual Snowmobileworld.com Stateside Ride For Charity!!!</div>

The charity for this years ride will again be for the victims of breast cancer.
<div align="center">

Breast Cancer Facts

* An estimated 212,920 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in American women in 2006
* In 2005, the overall incidence of breast cancer in men is estimated to account for 1,690 cases
* Less than five percent of all breast cancers diagnosed each year in the U.S. occur in women under 40.
* 87 out of ever 100 women will survive without a recurrence for at least 5 years.
* The older a woman is, the more likely she is to get breast cancer.
* All women are at risk for breast cancer.
* Women should have a clinical breast exam at least every 3 years between the ages of 20-39 and every year after 40.

Known Risk Factors:

* Being a woman
* Getting older
* Having a personal or family history of breast or ovarian cancer
* Having your first child after at 30; or never having children
* Having a previous biopsy showing hyperpiesia or carcinoma in situ
* Starting menopause after age 55
* Drinking more than one alcoholic drink per day
* Being overweight after menopause or gaining weight as an adult
* Currently or recently using combined estrogen and progestin hormone replacement therapy (HRT)

*Information provided above is courtesy of: American Cancer Society, Inc. - 1-800-ACS-2345

* * * * * * * *</div>

Everyone knows someone that&#39;s been afflicted with this terrible illness and we feel that this is an excellent cause.

This years ride will be held Monday January 28, 2008 thru Friday February 2, 2008 at the Americinn in beautiful Wetmore, Michigan. Wetmore is only 3 miles from Munising, just minutes from Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore, and a short ride down to see Digger at the Jack Pine!

We always have some members and friends showing up early or staying an extra day or two, so we have reserved the block of rooms for Jan 27 thru Feb 3rd. We have 4 suites and 20 regular rooms set up in this block. Just let them know your arrival and departure dates when you call to reserve.

The charges for the suites are 89.90 per night and the regular rooms are 79.90 per night. Regular rooms are available with one king size bed or two queen size beds. Some are available with a refrigerator and microwave, but book quickly to get one of these. Each suite is a 2 room unit with a king size bed in one room and a queen size pull-out couch in the other and have a microwave and refrigerator. Roll away beds are available as well for an extra charge.

There is a gas station/convenience store located across the street and a Pamida grocery store located next to the hotel for any items that we may need while we are there. There is NO lounge inside the hotel, but we are allowed to use the pool area to get together, relax, and drink a few while we are there. The nearest lounge is just down the road at the Comfort Inn (1/2 mile away) and there is a bus that runs from our hotel to downtown Munising on Friday and Saturday. Cost of the bus is 3$ per trip or 10$ for a weekend pass. There is a nice restaurant called Sidneys that will deliver to the hotel for our ride.

We will be holding the raffle on Friday night with door prizes donated by various companies involved in the snowmobile industry. You won&#39;t want to miss out on this! It just gets better every year. We have a copy of the charity ride donation letter that can be emailed to you if you would like to help us get donations. Before you contact potential donors please in touch with Keith/idooski. We want to make sure that we don&#39;t have more than one member contacting the same company for donations. To get a copy of the ride letter contact puree, idooski, or mxzwfo.

Don&#39;t forget to bring along your spare canned goods again this year! In fact, if you don&#39;t have any, stop and buy a few cans to donate to the local food bank in Munising. Lets see if we can dwarf last years donation!!!

To reserve your room, simply call the hotel directly at 1-906-387-2000 and give them the password SW08 to get your discount. Keep in mind that these will fill up pretty fast, so don&#39;t wait till the last minute. The hotel has asked that we DO NOT use the computer to book the rooms as we will not get the reduced rate. Please call for your reservations. Once you have called and reserved your room, post it here and we will add your name to the list.

Lets fill this hotel up and have the BEST charity ride to date. We have had a great time the last 3 years. This years WILL top the previous 3!!!!

Stay tuned to this post as we will post updates and any possible changes to the ride.

Attendees:
1 Brian / Puree
2 Aaron / Double A
3 Keith / Idooski
4 Donna / Keiths wife
5 Brian / mxzwfo
6 Debbie / Brians wife
7 Rick / snowmutt
8 Allison / snow4mydooplz
9 Butch / Snow Prowler
10 Dean / Rev-Head
11 Barb / BAT-DooBee
12 Barry / dooman
13 Dave / SLeDHeaDDude800
14 Jason / JasonF
15 Mike / Renegademike
16 Scott / Fastblack800cat
17 Jeff / jtkennedy9
18 Jonny / jeff&#39;s cousin
19 Jim Fulton / friend of puree
20 Kim Fulton / friend of puree
21 Mike Ruhlen / friend of puree
22 Ann Ruhlen / friend of puree
23 Dave Musser / Kidrocker
24 Fred / rollerdoo
25 Cathy / chickydoo
26 Mike Grant / videomike
27 Brandon / Lceskimo

Please send us a pm when you book your room so we can get the attendees list updated!! Lets make this year ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09 1200 Renegade
10 1200X Renegade
03 F7
07 F6lxr
03 Z370es
78 Invader 440

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to mxzwfo
HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be posting some "planned rides" as we get a little closer!

My MXZ
MXZWFO
http://img102.mytextgraphics.com/fla...dfc62df05b.gif
life is too short...I am having too much fun
I Doo-Doo U
[b]2007 Charity Ride Pictures
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator_X

If anyone has a suggestion or would like to lead a group trip, please post it here. This years ride is going to be the best yet.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to snow4mydooplz
I do have a suggestion for a ride if I may......

As more and more woman attend this ride it was my thought that it would be kind of cool to have an afternoon set aside for an all woman&#39;s ride. Donna, Terry, Cathy, Deb, Barb, Jen and myself( hope I didn&#39;t forget anyone) could take off and then the guy&#39;s could go and do thier own ride and then we all could meet back for dinner or something.

Although some guy&#39;s might worry about us please remember we have strength in numbers and we would all stay together so in case something happend everyone would be together. We would let everyone know our route ect......

Fine tuning would have to be done but wanted to put the idea out there. Maybe, just maybe, this could become tradition and grow over the years.....I don&#39;t know but I for one would love to prove that us woman can take off and have a blast on our sleds. The men could rip it up with eachother and goof off like men do.

Snow4

Just Doo It ! 500ss REV Adrenaline extended
former sled 1997 500 formula deluxe
Snowmobilers doo it til it melts!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Can I make the same suggestion as last year? Have a night ride to a place in the woods, and have a small camp fire and roast up hot dogs.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator_X

Quote:
I do have a suggestion for a ride if I may......

As more and more woman attend this ride it was my thought that it would be kind of cool to have an afternoon set aside for an all woman&#39;s ride. Donna, Terry, Cathy, Deb, Barb, Jen and myself( hope I didn&#39;t forget anyone) could take off and then the guy&#39;s could go and do thier own ride and then we all could meet back for dinner or something.

Although some guy&#39;s might worry about us please remember we have strength in numbers and we would all stay together so in case something happend everyone would be together. We would let everyone know our route ect......

Fine tuning would have to be done but wanted to put the idea out there. Maybe, just maybe, this could become tradition and grow over the years.....I don&#39;t know but I for one would love to prove that us woman can take off and have a blast on our sleds. The men could rip it up with eachother and goof off like men do.

Snow4[/b]
I think it &#39;s a great idea and, no, I wouldn&#39;t worry about you guys as long as you are confident that you&#39;re good to go. There&#39;s always cell phones.

Would you like to handle mapping out a route and a meeting place? Are you thinking just a morning ride and maybe meet back up for lunch? Or maybe split up at lunch and head back and meet at the hotel? Let us know what you come up with.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator_X

Quote:
Can I make the same suggestion as last year? Have a night ride to a place in the woods, and have a small camp fire and roast up hot dogs.[/b]

I see no problem with that Butch. Would you like to be in charge of an evening cook out?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I see no problem with that Butch. Would you like to be in charge of an evening cook out?[/b]
I would be HONORED to.

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to snow4mydooplz
Sure thing Keith......I will Doo it ! I would suggest we wait a few day&#39;s so as the woman (including myself) can ride the area and become comfortable with the surrounding trails ect.... I often lead when I"m with Rick after I have seen a trail once or twice, but I"m pretty confident I could already get us to Jack Pine and back.

Snow4

Just Doo It ! 500ss REV Adrenaline extended
former sled 1997 500 formula deluxe
Snowmobilers doo it til it melts!
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 AM

I would be up to making the ribbions to wear agian this year . But this year still have the drawing ,figure a way to make it fair for everyone that did keep it all wk. Last year it seamed that alot of people lost theirs during the week out riding , maybe it was just the way they where pinned on or where it was pinned. Maybe hat tacks to hold them on this year so there&#39;s not so much of a chance of it flopping around and catching on things. I think it could of been the pins themselfs coming undone when they got pulled on , dose&#39;nt take much to tweak a safety pin out of shape
I think if we have a prize already dedicated to the drawing at the begining , people might make it a point to try not losing it .

OH and i&#39;ll do the ribbions for the sleds too. Would anyone be up for some kind of sticker honoring the event ? Just something to put on your sled, truck, or trailer to show your support to a good cause

mutt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page