Will There Be A 2008 Sw Canadian Ride This Year? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to IceFisherman
Just wondering..... though I know it's early, if there'll be an attempt at a 2008 Canadian Ride this year. I know last year's was cancelled, and that was a real shame. I think the biggest problem was lack of co-operation with the weather.
My suggestion..... start planning earlier this year, so people can figure out thier schedule.

As always, (for the last 3 years) I'm gonna suggest Elliot Lake for the Canadian ride if there is one. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to help out this year as my schedule appears to be pretty hectic..... but I could point people in the right direction. I know there's been some rides in the Cochrane area, and no doubt, it's nice to ride a "4 lane highway", but my personal opinion is that winding, hilly, trails are more fun..... that's my only reason for chosing Elliot Lake. On top of that, the 2000 lakes within a 200 km. radius means lots of "play time" as do the hundreds of Km's of powerlines for the powder lovers. And... Elliot Lake is only a "day trip" away from Cochrane anyways.....

Regardless of where the ride is (if there is one) I hope we're able to make this happen this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Location: Michael in Waterdown, Ontario. I have nothing to say, so here's a picture of an elephant standing o
I hope there is, it's great when a bunch of like minded folks get together. I'll llikely not be able to attend this year as I'm in the midst of building a place. My time, and money, are spoken for this season.

Mind you ... depending on where the ride is I may be able to sneak a day in ....

If it's big and ugly, lemme at it!!

"big and ugly"

The infamous "SHORT BUS" sledder!!

desperately seeking a Turkey baster! (for Matty)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM

Has anyone come up with a Trip. I am looking to book some holidays. It is getting harder to find people to ride with. I figured this would be the best way to meet people that love to ride & have a good time. Elliot lake sounds great, always up for playing in the pow & I have no problems with riding in Cochrane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in