2003 Classic 600 - Bogging @ 1/2-3/4 throttle - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blinc117 Send a message via MSN to blinc117 Send a message via Skype™ to blinc117
2003 Classic 600 - Bogging @ 1/2-3/4 throttle

**just noticed i posted this in the wrong forum - but cant find any way to move it, sorry about that!**

Was looking for some feedback, I am thinking Fuel Filter, or Fuel Pump is my best bet...

I have a 2003 Classic 600, 1600 Miles (700 of them this year). All original parts. last weekend it bogged and stalled out a few times while climbing up cathedral ledge in north conway. After the 2nd time I swapped out the plugs and it seemed ok - plugs were not fowled, were tan/grayish.

This weekend it started acting up again:
Only seems to happen when the sled is hot, if its been shut down for a while it does not seem to happen as often at first.
Its intermittent
Happens at speed or when climbing, generally when trying to go above 1/2 throttle, around the 7k rpm mark, engine makes a low bogging sound and it just wont go any faster. If you feather it a bit it will usually kick up and get thru it.
First thought was water in the fuel, put a 1/2 bottle of (red) dry gas in it, did not help.
Belt is new from last season, and looks good.

My best guess is fuel filter or pump? Was thinking of changing out all the fuel lines while I was in there, since they are all original and the service manual says they should be changed every 2 years. What are your thoughts?
Southern New Hampshire Snow Slickers

Over a hundred miles of maintained trails, right in Southern NH!! Less than an hour from Boston! Check us out!

www.snowslickers.org

Bill Lincoln
Webmaster
Southern New Hampshire Snow Slickers

Hundreds of miles of maintained trails, right in Southern NH!! Less than an hour from Boston! Check us out!

www.snowslickers.org / Follow us on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Your title mentions that it stops at 3/4... is it fine after that or is it from 1/2 to full? The needle jet + jet needle controls your fuel from 1/2-3/4, you probably just need to pull your carbs and give them a thorough cleaning.

When you say you may have had water in the fuel, why do you think that? How was the gas stored? Even with isoheat you can still have problems from watered down gas.

I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page