New Handlebars! - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Administrator_X

I've brought out the bender and started making handlebars. I won't be doing any 1 1/8" or any aluminum for that matter.

I have 18 handlebars out to the powder coaters right now. They are 7/8" diameter 'X' style straight bars. Some 28" x 13 degree sweep. Some 28" x 7 degree sweep. And some 29" x 13 degree sweep. All will be foam filled for warmth and anti-vibration. I wanted to do a few different colors, but time was a problem and they were only running black and white in the next week or so. There will be one of each style in white and the rest will be black.

I hope to have some different colors ready in a few weeks.

If you have any suggestions for color or style, please feel free to contact me.

[attachment=40250:Bars.JPG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bars.JPG (100.3 KB, 273 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks gade girl!

I have 18 handlebars out to the powder coaters right now. They are 7/8" diameter 'X' style straight bars. Some 28" x 13 degree sweep. Some 28" x 7 degree sweep. And some 29" x 13 degree sweep. All will be foam filled for warmth and anti-vibration. I wanted to do a few different colors, but time was a problem and they were only running black and white in the next week or so. There will be one of each style in white and the rest will be black.[/b]

Oh more sizes to choose from!

There's a company that wants me to try their "new improved" riser that I inquired about. They still dont look as bling bling as yours. The "new design" turns me off to.

I put in an inquiry with my dealer about straight stock bar and new XP bar, but it's sooooo much to ask for a part number and cost

Everyone has warned me that even foam filled aluminum will be too cold for me. But I'm usually playing in the snow and get wet anyways. And in Cochrane, well cold is to be expected.

What's Idooski recommend? I know you won't steer me wrong. Go with aluminum? I believe my bars now are 29". Got pics of the different sweeps?

Clean raves ya got there snow4mydooplz ! Nothing says fun like working on your own sled. If you get stuck when Rick isn't around, call Trailblazer hee hee
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:35 AM

what do you have for price keith? trying to help you out here. may want a pair myself to.

If it doesnt have an 8 foot box, it not a pickup, its a glorified 4 wheeler

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 AM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
Quote:

There's a company that wants me to try their "new improved" riser that I inquired about. They still dont look as bling bling as yours. The "new design" turns me off to.

I put in an inquiry with my dealer about straight stock bar and new XP bar, but it's sooooo much to ask for a part number and cost

Everyone has warned me that even foam filled aluminum will be too cold for me. But I'm usually playing in the snow and get wet anyways. And in Cochrane, well cold is to be expected.

What's Idooski recommend? I know you won't steer me wrong. Go with aluminum? I believe my bars now are 29". Got pics of the different sweeps?

Clean raves ya got there snow4mydooplz ! Nothing says fun like working on your own sled. If you get stuck when Rick isn't around, call Trailblazer hee hee[/b]
aluminum disapates heat to much for me too use them.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Administrator_X

Quote:
what do you have for price keith? trying to help you out here. may want a pair myself to.[/b]
I won't know the price for sure until I get the bill from the powder coater. I do know that if I can't put out a quality bar for less money than everyone else, this will be the only run of them.

Will that hold you for a couple of days?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Administrator_X

Quote:

What's Idooski recommend? I know you won't steer me wrong. Go with aluminum? I believe my bars now are 29". Got pics of the different sweeps?[/b]

Are the "new/improved" risers the big dog bone shaped ones? Pretty bulky looking if they are.

I firmly believe that you would be happier with a steel bar than an aluminum bar. Aluminum conducts heat so fast that I think you will have trouble keeping your hands warm on those really cold days.

I don't have pics yet, but I will be sure to post them as soon as they get back from the powder coater.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
Quote:
I won't know the price for sure until I get the bill from the powder coater. I do know that if I can't put out a quality bar for less money than everyone else, this will be the only run of them.

Will that hold you for a couple of days? [/b]
if they are that rare I want some.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Thanks idooski, your the best !

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator_X

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page