A Newbie Explores Ontario's Snowmobile Trails - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

A Newbie Explores Ontario's Snowmobile Trails

Quote:
Generally speaking, when the average person imagines the ideal circumstances involved with checking an item off their bucket list, it wouldn’t involve Sudbury, Ontario in the winter. There is, however, a small but dedicated community among us who lament the sight of tulips, utterly dread the onset of spring and live for crisp winter days in the remote wilderness beyond our crowded city limits. Until very recently this prerogative was completely foreign to me, but it turns out that these snowmobiling enthusiasts are onto something.

I am rarely known to turn down an adventure, but when a friend invited me to partake in a weekend exploring Ontario’s snowmobile trails, I initially had more questions than answers for him. One by one, each and every one of my reservations were deemed unfounded. 'Don’t I need to own a sled? What about a permit? Where are we staying? How far north do we have to drive to access decent trails?' Evidently, sled rentals are available if you don’t want to dive right in to the deep end of the pool by buying one. Inexpensive ‘Try Our Trails’ and ‘Multi-Day’ (3 and 7 Day) permits are easily purchased online at www.ofsc.on.ca/ and it turned out that accommodations at Sportsman’s Lodge Wilderness Resort are not only incredibly reasonable, it is also much closer to home than most people think. It’s amazing how much quicker the drive is when you aren’t battling cottage traffic.
Read more about A Newbie Explores Ontario's Snowmobile Trails at Snowmobile.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in