Not very impressed - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 01:58 AM

The dealers up here in Northern BC all say that the factory knows of no problems with their fuel pumps. Maybe their right though, its the smart valves not the fuel pumps! Nevertheless my buddies 02 cat had a new pump at 1.9 miles and now has over 400 trouble free.

1996 EXT 580 EFI (136 x 1.4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 07:41 AM

machzzzz1 - congrats on the 1,000 posts!

I blew a crank on my '01 T-Cat with 730 miles on it. *Dealer wanted to fix the crank and all associated parts. uh-uh, I said - not till I talk to Cat. *I called them, finally got a human voice, and they immediately agreed to replace the engine, not just repair it.

Of course, they said it was the first time they had heard of it happening to the 1,000 engine. *But from what I have heard, the engine is supposed to be rock solid. *I got the one built after the Xmas party, I guess.

I just wanted to give credit where it is due. *Cat backed up their product.

Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Ride Sober.......And Everyone Lives to Ride Another Day
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 09:25 AM

sorry to hear about the efi. *Conversely the 02 800 carb I have hase 1066 miles and zero problems. *Modified the sled and it starts *third pull every time. *Never did like computers controling my sled. *Had an 94 efi cat that ran like dog. *Efi is the reason I am not puying an F7. *That and the fact that my 800 cranks out over 150 ponies.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 10:40 AM

I really beleive that it has to do with the first tank of gas. 5 of us bought the 800 efi cce and all of them except mine has had a problem. The only thing that I did different than the others was that I used Injex oil for my break in. All of the others used the reccommended AC Synthetic APV oil. I think that the oil reacted with something in the tank and is causing all of the problems. *
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I have heard that there is a powdery substance that is left in the tank after they are molded. When gas is added, whoola, it clogs up the smart valves. Who's to say, Arctic Cat won't say anything about it. I talked to my dealer today to tell him I was bringing it down and told him the whole list of problems with the machine. I asked him if Cat has said anything of the problem and He said that He was still in the dark about it. Just wonderful, so in another 400 miles I can make the trip back to him for another pump *

your lucky snow dust isn't fatning, cause your gonna be eatin alot of it!!!!!
On the Road again.......
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 01:44 PM

Hey thundercat, I know of a 1000 with a bent crank. *It's been fixed once and it bent again right away. *How were you able to talk them into replacing the whole motor? *Have you heard of any other 1000's bending cranks? *I think his a 2000. *Send me a PM if you have any info. *Thanks
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 02:16 PM

jay - mine is a 2001 and had only been on the trails for 2 weeks or so. *I got hold of someone at Cat, and they spoke to my dealer, and immediately agreed to replace the motor.

i have heard of no other 2001's blowing.

good luck with yours

Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Ride Sober.......And Everyone Lives to Ride Another Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page