artic cat 600ZRT - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

artic cat 600ZRT

clutch fluid white and milky sled doesnt go into gear until 5000 rpm . Does this mean i have a bad seal and water is getting in ?or is it bad fluid? or something elses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to RED03F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtra13 View Post
clutch fluid white and milky sled doesnt go into gear until 5000 rpm . Does this mean i have a bad seal and water is getting in ?or is it bad fluid? or something elses?
Ummmmm snowmobile clutches dont have fluid in them. If you have a white milky oil residue on your clutch you may have a bad crank seal thats spitting gas/oil mixture onto your clutch. When oil mixes with water it turns white and milky. I wouldn't run it until you find where that oil is coming from first off. A bad crank seal will make your engine blow-up as well. Also the clutch being covered in oil is going to make your belt slip, hence the reason your not moving until 5000 RPM. I would now inspect the clutch VERY closely after having said you let the belt slip to 5000 RPM..when clutch sheeves get too hot they can crack and come apart.....very very dangerous...could kill you or anyone in the near vacinity if you get hit by flying chunks of clutch.
Not trying to be rude by any means but it sounds like your knowledge of snowmobile mechanics is very minimal, it would probably be in your best interest to let a dealer or reputable mechanic take a look at it.

Last edited by RED03F7; 01-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED03F7 View Post
Not trying to be rude by any means but it sounds like your knowledge of snowmobile mechanics is very minimal, it would probably be in your best interest to let a dealer or reputable mechanic take a look at it.

If you go to the dealer don't tell them that there is a problem with the clutch fluid. It might cost you quite a bit.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned

I gonna assume he means chaincase. And yes, milky white fluid means water is getting into the oil. Check cover seals and shaft seals looking for the culprit.

If the fluid is older than time itself, try changing it while inspecting for any damaged seals.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to RED03F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWWebmaster View Post
I gonna assume he means chaincase. And yes, milky white fluid means water is getting into the oil. Check cover seals and shaft seals looking for the culprit.

If the fluid is older than time itself, try changing it while inspecting for any damaged seals.
I was thinking this myself at first...BUT it was also stated that the sled will not take off until 5000RPM. Unless he is having 2 seperate issues, one being clutch stuck open and the other being leaky chaincase...I'm pretty sure he meant the clutch itself was coated in oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page