97 Z44o Fuel Problems/clutch Problems - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

97 Z44o Fuel Problems/clutch Problems

Hey Im Having Problems Getting My Carbs Set Right, I Had To Take Them Out And Clean Them Up A Bit Now I Cant Get My Air Fuel Mixtures Right,and Ideas Where It Should Be Set At Its Both Carbs,

Also My Belt Doesnt Sit Anywhat Tight On The Clutch When I Try And Go It Does Nothing But Smoke I Can Watch The Clutch Clamp Together And It Wants To Move The Track But It Really Just Smokes Alot And Does Nothing Is Seems Also Like It Has A Little More Pull When Its Cold But Its Still Not What It Should Be But When My Sled Does Run It Wont Pull Out Of A Snow Bank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

Man, that is gotta be tough to capitalize every word in a sentence. I know it's tough to read for sure...

Not sure how cleaning your carbs will affect fuel/air mixture. I are saying you tore them apart and can't get them back together or did you bend the floats or something. Simply removing and cleaning your carbs doesn't usually affect fuel/air mixtures. You'll need to explain further.

Take a picture of your belt and clutches and post it. How far is the belt down in the secondary?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

i apologize for the caps lock man, but i got them back together fine now theyre just not tuned right it seems like i have way better luck tuning the one carb and not the other, theyre both all back together now its just getting them set right with the idle screw, and ill take a picture of the clutches the belts sitting on the shaft in the middle of where it squeezes at, i appreciate any help i can get

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 08:45 PM

Yes Cory is rite,, the air screws are turned OUT from lightly seated about 1.5 or 1.25 ,,, imo, your driven clutch needs serviceing, or prolly both,,, sounds like your starting out in high gear,, not good for the little 440,, or any other motor......

current sled,09 Crossfire-R 1000 02 ZL 800 ss, past, 99 zrt-800, 97 ext-600, 97 zr-440, 92 wildcat, 95 xcr-440, 84 ss440, 81 el tigre 6000, 86 cougar, 80 scorpion tk, 75 scorpion super stinger, (lol) 74 wankel panther!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

alright thanks guys i appreciate it,im already hating this sled ive been out once this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page