2014 El Tigre 6000 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Coming 2 a Trail near You

Send a message via AIM to PowderBoy
2014 El Tigre 6000

I rode the 2014 el tigre on Friday and found it to be a great sled. The minor tweaks made in comparison with the 2013 procross is noticeable in a few key ways.

Conditions> tight in the straights with mildly loose corners average 35-55mph top speed of 79mph on a straight. 20 mile ride

I liked the cushier seat and the rounded front, it made it really nice to switch from side to side in the corners and on the small stutter bumps it keeps your back from knowing they are there.

The 600 is a good new addition to the lineup, it pulls right from the go which is different from the clutching in the 800 that jerks forward every time you breath on the throttle

It launches very well and feels more stable then most when launching from the start or out of a corner

Braking was really smooth

The only bad thing is the stock windshield that doesnt do anything. I frequently ride in sub zero temperatures and appreciate the art of wind deflection.

9 Years since I ordered a new sled and I bit the bullet... after riding it I had to have one... Looking forward to next winter and ill be sure to pickup the bigger shield.

2002 Pantera 800 (BIG BERTHA)
2002 ZR 600 (CJV)
2005 T660 ST
2002 Z71 Tahoe
1987 Silverado 3/4 Ton (Project Plow Truck)
1996 Pro-Line 201 Walk Around

CAN YOU EVER HAVE TOO MANY TOYS?

AC FORUM MODERATOR
----------------------------
CJV 02/24/83 - 04/15/08
God took away my riding buddy this year but hes not going to let god take away our snow, forever in our hearts.
----------------------------
Sterling Marlin &
David Reutimann
Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Looks a lot different than the '87 El Tigre 6000 I still have sitting on blocks under a tarp in my parents back yard! One of these years they will make me either come and get it or let them get rid of it - I just can't quite let it go yet...

I hope this means they are going to bring back the 'cat' names for the different models. I didn't like it when they switched to the letter names ('zr', 'f', 'm', etc). It seems to me they lost something when they did that!

I don't know if I would trust the first year of a new engine. It is good to see they have clean 2-strokes coming out. I was worried they were going to go to the dark side (4-stroke only) like yammi.

You will have to let us know how you like it. My 2008 xp is behaving again after a complete chassis tear-down last summer so I am going to keep it for at least a couple of more years. New sleds are SO expensive these days!!!

dave

Waiting for snow again...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rick53947
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderBoy View Post
I rode the 2014 el tigre on Friday and found it to be a great sled. The minor tweaks made in comparison with the 2013 procross is noticeable in a few key ways.

Conditions> tight in the straights with mildly loose corners average 35-55mph top speed of 79mph on a straight. 20 mile ride

I liked the cushier seat and the rounded front, it made it really nice to switch from side to side in the corners and on the small stutter bumps it keeps your back from knowing they are there.

The 600 is a good new addition to the lineup, it pulls right from the go which is different from the clutching in the 800 that jerks forward every time you breath on the throttle

It launches very well and feels more stable then most when launching from the start or out of a corner

Braking was really smooth

The only bad thing is the stock windshield that doesnt do anything. I frequently ride in sub zero temperatures and appreciate the art of wind deflection.

9 Years since I ordered a new sled and I bit the bullet... after riding it I had to have one... Looking forward to next winter and ill be sure to pickup the bigger shield.
I demo rode one of these 6000 tigre to and I had it up to 75 mph like nothing I believe it will do about 95 to 100 I already put my deposit down to hold one there is a limited supply of these each dealer is only getting 2 to 4 of these so ya better hurry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page