1990 El Tigre 530 - Oil Leaks - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

1990 El Tigre 530 - Oil Leaks

Hey all,

First post in a long time. I just bought an older sled after many years without one. This is a lot newer than the sleds that I had years ago so I am hoping that someone can give me some advice.

I just picked this up last night and haven't had a chance to really look at it much yet. Also, I have never owned a Artic Cat before. All the sleds I have had in the past were older vintage/antique Ski-Doo's, so this rig is all new to me.

I picked up an 1990 El Tigre 530. When I was looking at it I noticed there was a bit of oil leaking out around the engine, mainly around the exhaust manifold area. I haven't had an oil injected sled before, but I'm assuming if there is oil coming out of the manifold that I need to replace the gaskets. That's not a problem. I am also going to assume that if there is oil coming out of the flange that the pump is delivering to much oil. So I am wondering is there a way to adjust the flow from the pump? My guess is that there is an adjustment on the linkage from the throttle to the oil pump. Is there a procedure to set the required oil flow or check and return it to spec?

If there is anything else you can offer or if you own one of these and have any other helpful suggestions on other things I should check or do to this beast it would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page