Passing - Page 4 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 01:43 PM

thanks zert, I'll check into that. *I am heading north this weekend - they just got a ton of snow!

BTW, thanks for that other thing, the survival thing - very handy, and much appreciated!

Scott/Thundercatzr

Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Ride Sober.......And Everyone Lives to Ride Another Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 02:11 PM

Thundercatzr how far north are you heading?
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 04:36 PM

hiya green - I am heading for sudbury - it is a ways but it will be the only real decent sledding of the year. *I have a cousin there so accommodations are looked after in his and his buddies camps.

They are getting blasted again tomorrow - storm warnings out for 30 to 40 cm.

should be an awesome trip!

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 06:41 PM

Question

I'm just back from a 7 day trip in the Lac St-Jean area of Quebec. I left from the st-Zenon area, headed east to Quebec city, then north to Lac St-Jean. Spent two days up there touring the lake and the Mont Valin area and then came back down via Latuque. Snow conditions were great. Lot's of snow up there although it's not nearly what they usually get. headed to Mont Laurier area ths weekend provided conditions hold up.

Have fun on your trip.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 07:19 PM

I think that braap-ing the pipes is a good way to let them know you are there. No matter what you have running in your own sled or stuffed in your ears, you will notice an out of place sound that doesn't match the melody of your own sled. I run the dreaded B&B race can on my 670...and I can still hear stock sleds beside me to a distance of upwards ten feet. especially if they blip the throttle a few times. What is comes down to is being attentive and remembering that you just might not be the only sled or group on the trail that day. You can't tell me that a sled doing 30 MPH won't hear another engine suddenly jump up 1000 rpm a few times. Pay attention and nobody gets hurt.
* * * I once heard a story of a group leader on a relatively narrow trail come across a couple sleds flying in the other direction. He put his hand up to signal them to slow down and ended up smacking the lead rider square in the visor because they were moving so fast and passed so close. I guess he slowed right down after that and told the rest of his group to slow down and smarten up. They met up again on the way back and that group was moving alot slower than before.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 07:30 AM

Thanks green - same to you!

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 10:54 AM
99Indy500

Thumbs down

I usally get behind the rider and hopefully he notices me and if he does pull off to the side and let me pass if not I wait for a nice little stretch and put it to the floor and pass them thats the best way I have used.. because some time you get those dumba**es that dont like to let ya pass and that kind off ticks me off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page