What silencer - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Hi everyone I just found this site from r.s.s and this place is cool. so I finaly upgraded 95fz this year to a 99mach1 and was wondering what you guy`s think is a good silencer.The sled had a dynoport can(he kept that for his new z) that sounded good but 4 of my friends all have them .After some searching I found 2 I like, all with 3 outlets. Sothpecial x out of canada and dne perf .Both look cool I`am wondering if anyone has tried one . I want a good sound not something real loud. thanks jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:29 AM

MBRP makes a good silencer..the B&B Eliminator. Give them a look MBRP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:58 AM

I have a '97 Mach 1, and when the engine was stock, I dynoed a DNE 3 into 1, which I gained about 4 h.p. at the track from 50mph and up but lost about 2-3 h.p. from engagement to 45mph on the track dyno. I also track dynoed a Fast 3 into 3 (3 individual silencers), and gained about 2 h.p. from engagement to 40mph, then lost power, up to 10 h.p. from 50 - 80 mph. I now have it trail ported, shaved head, V-force II's, and engine dynoed 6 more h.p. and 4 ft.-lbs. of torque with a MBRP 3 into 1 muffler as compared to my stock muffler.
Hope this helps.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 06:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to jwheeler
I have the B&B Trail Silencer on my 700 mxz and it sounds great not too loud but still has a nice sharp sound when your on the throttle hard.

Its brothers are the LEARJET and the NEW YORK CITY SUBWAY..... care to debate performance and durability?

SKI-DOO</span>
Theres still nothing like it...

01 700 MXZ , MBRP Race can, 1.5" Doo Sno X Track, 3" Bar Riser with FLY Mini guns, Laced with yellow and Geared to go.** ALSO FER SALE**
<span style="font-family:Optima">Skidoo.com
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 07:38 PM

Go with DNE ! *Don Emery is the Man!

Better to be dead than without my sled.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Hi guy`s thanks for the replys. I also checked out the b&b site and liked it. I just wanted to be different and get a *silencer with 3 outlet`s *you know 3 pipes 3 silencers *maybe that is not the best for power that is why I`am asking *and I tried to spell specialty x * not sothpecial who know`s were that came from * *thanks jeff in nh
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 09:32 PM

I would give my vote to the B&B by MBRP, I put one on my 700 triple this season and it sounds great and still looks like new after 1500 miles, I don&#39;t know if I gained any performance but it sounds faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page