Snowmobile World banner

My rx1

10K views 57 replies 20 participants last post by  folgers 
#1 ·
Wed. noon crate arrives. fri.PM machzzzz1 beater comes home.

#27 ·
I don't want to chang my sig. & loose my post status. As for a name, some sleds I have named others I have not. The first one I named was "Murphys Law" the second was "Thumper" both very successful fast sleds. Any suggested  names for the RX1 will be considered.

#29 ·
LOVE the black!!!!  Very nice sled!  

#31 ·
Nice sled......I bet that thing is going to ride like a caddy. It looks strange seeing A arm suspention on anything other than a cat. I think with other brands having A arm suspention and making it look so sweet will force Cat to spend some money on the AWS because it looks so homemade compared to the rev and rx1.

#32 ·
I dont think you loose your post status for chaing signature under your post:'

01 MXZ900 W/M10 OHLINS
'03 RX1 Black on the way    "change to has arrived"
'01 MXZ800X red (FOR SALE)

'01 MACH Z after machzzzz1 gives me his pink slip

and as for the for the mane how about BLACK WIDOW

ps any mods yet mxz900

#34 ·
"Identity Crisis" for two reasons, you and the sled.
The sled: half Super Bike half sled. It started out stock with lots of super bike influence and now you have a R-1 motor that magically the good parts will find their way on to your sled.
You: because if your friends are like mine they will want to know why you bought a Yamaha after owning Doos for so long. Now all you have to tell them is your having an identity crisis.

About deleting posts. I do appreciate people that want to help make the Yamaha forum grow. To say you should post the info on the TY site (with out posting a link) I don't see as a big problem but I'd rather not see people encouraged to move on.  The TY site does post a link to us at SW on their page. The Yamaha forum is only as good we make it and with the help of all of you it gets better all the time, for that I thank all of you. One thing that I see that hurts us most is people posting opinions or views of a sled they do not own and have little or no seat time on it to add any valuable input. In the past I have let people post biased opinions just to let them have their say. It has caused problems in the past now I will try to keep it in check. Please give me input as to what you think. If I come down to hard on people or not enough PM me, I'm up for discussion on it.  
Thanks, Chris

#35 ·
Ahhhh I see we got a little cocky now that the RX-1 is sitting on the trailer in your driveway hmmm mxz900.  

And judging by your signature its already the fastest sled on the planet.  LOL

Playing with a mach is like playing with fire.  When you go up against it You get BURNED!!!.  Just somthing to think about before you have to run to the yamaha dealer to buy black touch up paint to hide all the damage from the ice and snow the good ol mach will send your way.  

And when you try and tell your friends why you switched from Doo to Yamaha they will probably ask what brand of paint your sniffing the fumes from. LOL

And buy the way.  Its a awsome looking sled buddy..  Have fun.  

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 16, 2002, 3:01pm

#36 ·
Wow if you think i'm cocky, what do you call that image you see in the mirror every morning? hehehe

My sig. change is just returning fire at yours.

I won't be modding it for quite a while, I want to break the motor in first then do changes one at a time.

I have had five different mach's I know how they run, most very well.

What makes you think that I switched brands, I've just got my toes in the water testing it out. This sled intrigues me very much, I want to explore all the possibilites that I can.

#37 ·
Im just playing with you.  Just taking a few cheap jabs.

I know you will let us know how it runs and give us a good compairison against the mach. If you say it will beat a Mach Z in stock forum ill take your word and be more prepaird before i race my neighbour.  

A motor like the R1 will also require very little brake in, only for the barrings and rings.  The engine is machined with a under load process where plates are torqued down before machining so when the real heads and components are attached and torqued down every spec is perfect or close to.  In all honesty it has to be the most awsome 4 stroke bike engine ever made.  It will absolutly fly if you get it to pump out the Hp like the R1 bike

#38 ·
I know you are just playing, so am I. I'm just very serious about my playing. As for breaking the motor in, most of the reports I have seen state substantial performance increases at 1000+mi. in the motorcycle.

#39 ·
Oh yeah there will be an increase im just saying that it is an easy engine to break in.  All aluminum 2 strokes are very delicate in this stage and it directly reflect how long the engine will last.  

My 500 Mxz had a nice waking around 700km, i didnt really notice a HP or performance increase in the Mach even when the chip broke in although numbers proove there is a diffrence.  However i was hoping for seat of the pants feel.

#40 ·
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MXZ900 @ Sep. 12, 2002, 09:09am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wed. noon crate arrives. fri.PM machzzzz1 beater comes home.[/b][/quote]
Hey man, congrats on the new RX-1.

Would you mind taking a very basic measurement for me?  I'm wondering what the tunnel clearance is from the end of the track lug to the bottom of the two aluminum bars that run the length of the tunnel.

The measurement would be taken just above the upper rear idlers, of course.

-Rob

#42 ·
Wow you finally realized that the RX1 is no more of a heavy load than your mach z. Its about time. Hows that coffee smell anyway.

#43 ·
MXZ... I was just wondering if you got your new RX1 at Big Moose in Eagle Bay? Curious because I was supposed to pick mine up Saturday but they only where able to put one Black one together by the weekend and it was already spoken for...
Now I can't get up there until the 28th, it's driving me nuts after seeing your post's. Oh well, all good things come to those that wait.... or so they say.
BTW-great post on the weight, it's right where I expected it.
Now we just have to figure out the clutching...

#44 ·
Nope wasn't mine. Thats about 45min. north from me. Where are you located?

#45 ·
MXZ... I'm actually a couple hours south of you.. The Binghamton area. I do all my sledding in the Old Forge area and have bought my sleds there in the past. It's just easier,  if I need to have any work done on them since I leave all my sleds and gear up there for the whole season. Besides I know the people fairly well and they treat me great. It cost me a few bucks extra but peace of mind is more than worth it.

#47 ·
No choice! Black is not available with reverse. Red is not avail. w/o reverse.

#51 ·
I stopped in the local Yamaha dealership and checked out the new RX-1 mountain sled and I couldn't believe how freaking heavy the thing is.  Yamaha is nuts to think people in the west will buy the thing, at least someone that isn't built like a WWF star.  I'm a big kid and put way too much effort into picking up the front end of the sled on the showroom floor.  I can't imagine what the tank would weigh wet.  If it gets stuck, you may as well call in a helicopter to come pick you up.  The dealer wasn't exactly happy with me when I asked him if it was supposed to be a mountain sled.  And I thought Arctic had weight issues, geeeez.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.