Snowmobile World banner

1995/1996 V-max 600's?

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Lucas 
#1 ·
we have a pair of 95 and 96 v max's at work forsale we took in a few months back on trade, my dad wants to get a used yamaha or ski doo, these machine both were both from the same owner who kept them in good shape with 7500kms on them a piece, no reverse but both have elec start, asking $2000 a piece, what are these sleds like ive never rode on except around the yard at work. Ive herd they are good in a straight line but not a good trail sled.

any imput would be great.

#4 ·
:cussing: When you own a V-Max 600 the last thing you do is say ya wanna race dude! I get a chuckle when I"m riding by other guys when there having a smoke break. I know they"re thinking s...box. SO what! It"s a paid for s...box. I don"t have to trade it in because somebody blew my doors off going across the lake. Hey kid with the Mini-Z! ya wanna race?

Ride Safe! SWRules

#6 ·
They are not to bad, they runn pretty good with good clutching and twin psi pipes and a pro-action rear suspension, or you can pick your self up a 750/800 vmax, he he he I love to smoke a current sleds with my old 95 vmax 800 pogo stick, or mabey it because I weigh 150lbs and rid a 190hp sled?????

:cussing: When you own a V-Max 600 the last thing you do is say ya wanna race dude! I get a chuckle when I"m riding by other guys when there having a smoke break. I know they"re thinking s...box. SO what! It"s a paid for s...box. I don"t have to trade it in because somebody blew my doors off going across the lake. Hey kid with the Mini-Z! ya wanna race?

Ride Safe! SWRules
[/b]

#8 ·
I bought a 95 and a 96 VMax 600 (onthe 95 is an LE and the 96 is a DX) with a NEW Sled Bed trailer for $3000.00 USD in April. The sleds have 3200 and 2300 miles on them respectively, and are in showroom new condition. Both have e-start and reverse. as stated earlier the price seems high to me too.

The sleds are good and dependable. Not the fastest or the smoothest ride, but better than sitting on the couch wanting a sled. They are gas pigs though, mine gets 8-9 MPG with a 10.0 gallon tank.

Hope this helps.

Check this thread out too...
Click here

#9 ·
well my dad bought a ''96 vmax 600 this week for $1600, good looking shape, the engine runs well, we put a new set of sliders on it and a belt and plugs and cleaned everything up. Anyways we had it out today near bancroft, ontario, I noticed when I was following him that the skiis were darting everywhere and didn't look like it had much pressure on them, mind you it only had runners not carbides. He found it a rough ride on the trail aswell, I said well look at the thing, it's a low machine in the first place with not alot of suspension. Anyone have theses experiences? would carbides help alot more? plastic skiis aswell?

#10 ·
[I agree with the posters above..i think the price is too high. Its always funny to me especially when you look on ebay and see the people selling their sleds like a 95 or 96 and say no reserve, but start out with a minimum bid of like $2000.00. (i cant imagine the people that overpay for these things)I mean your sled is 10 years or older ya know.....they dont hold value like even a vintage sled would. I dont think you are asking way too much, just maybe a little high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.